- Chapter 34

Since Chiaki told him that it wasn't necessary to rush with his replies to the love letters, Seiji temporarily put them in his backpack and decided to look at them during the lunch break.

During class.

While under the effects of his system's [study] option, Seiji felt like there was a strong gaze upon him, and when he instinctively looked, he noticed... a purple-haired boy.

It was Takashi Kobayashi.

He and Kahei Watari were attending school like normal, with bandages on their bodies. It didn't seem like they were seriously injured. The classmates didn't pay their bruised conditions much attention either. As delinquents, it was only normal that they occasionally got injured.

When Takashi noticed Seiji looking back at him, he turned around and averted his gaze.

Seiji felt a bit confused. Kobayashi was one of the classmates he saved with his [do a heroic deed] action last Friday night. Even though that incident became a little out-of-the-ordinary, objectively speaking, he had saved two classmates and accomplished a good deed.

He was wearing a mask at the time... and no police or black-suited men came looking for him over the weekend.

When he searched the incident on the internet, he found videos taken by some bystanders using their cell phones, but due to the video footage being too exaggerated and the final result so outlandish, most comments doubted the veracity of the video, and there were relatively little views.

There were even less people blogging about it, so it didn't cause even a ripple.

Nothing special happened; a masked hero didn't become popular overnight after just one act of justice.

Seiji thought that the incident had been fully concluded.

But now, Takashi Kobayashi was silently watching him.

Had he... been exposed!?

Seiji felt quite tense. Did Kobayashi recognize him? Was it only Kobayashi's intuition or imagination? Or was it a coincidence and Kobayashi wasn't even thinking anything, and he just happened be looking in Seiji's direction?

Even if he had been recognized... it should be fine, right? He was the one who saved him, so it shouldn't be too much to ask them to protect his secret... right?

'I'll observe the situation before making a decision afterwards.'

Seiji decided to stop thinking about it since he didn't know Takashi Kobayashi's true motives.

After class.

Takashi Kobayashi didn't approach Seiji to speak with him. Seiji glanced to see what he was doing, and found that he was chatting with Kahei Watari just like usual. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary.