- Chapter 46

The question that Seiji had suddenly asked was one of the most contentious topics of the popular anime "Honey Candy Girl" recently. It pertained to the so-called factions about which character the author Peach-sensei favored in her original story.

As long as Hisashi was a true otaku, it would be impossible for him to resist!

Hisashi Juumonji easily fell for Seiji's bait hook, line, and sinker, and he didn't even attempt to conceal the fact that he was an otaku, making it obvious that Hisashi was a hardcore otaku.

Except for Seiji, Hisashi's passionate speech and exaggerated posing shocked everyone there.

Well, it shocked his father Michirou Juumonji more than anyone else.

This mafia boss was completely stunned with no idea what had just happened.

All he knew was that Haruta-sama beside him suddenly asked an incomprehensible question, which stimulated his younger son so much that Hisashi prattled on endlessly about something he couldn't understand and finished with a mysterious pose... What the hell was going on!

Well, all the other people present—from Kaede Juumonji to Takashi Kobayashi and Kahei Watari—were younger, which meant they were more or less familiar with the most popular anime in their country which even became a symbol of Sakura Island, so they had some idea what was going on.

They were still speechless about this situation, though!!

Of course, Kaede knew the true nature of her younger brother already, and she was absolutely embarrassed.

Kobayashi and Watari never expected that a mafia boss's son would act so comically, so they were stunned!

Seiji was the only one who completely understood what just happened, and he couldn't stop himself from laughing out loud.

Hisashi turned to face Seiji.

*Cough cough...* Seiji finally managed to restrain himself and faked a coughing fit.

"I'm also part of the Idelia faction. I'm pleased to meet you, Hisashi Juumonji-san."

"Comrade! Delighted to meet you, Seigo Harano-sama!" Hisashi sat back down as he flashed a big thumbs-up in tandem with a brilliant smile.

Everyone else was rendered speechless by the duo's antics.

"Harano-sama, what exactly..." Michirou couldn't help asking.

"Oh... Hisashi-san and I happen to be fans of the same anime; we were just talking about that."

"Anime?" The mafia boss's mind was filled with question marks.

"Father... It's a cartoon called 'Honey Candy Girl.'" Kaede sighed, "It's currently a super popular anime in Sakura Island. Most young people know about it, and I've watched it a little... As for Hisashi, he's probably watched every episode."

"But of course!"

Hisashi adjusted his eyeglasses and it seemed like his lenses flashed.

"'Honey Candy Girl' is a brilliant, once-in-a-ten-year story! As a true fan, I am obliged to watch each and every episode a minimum of three times! It's just that... I didn't imagine that the honored guest that father invited would... also be a fan..."

Hisashi exchanged a knowing smile with Seiji.

Communication between otakus didn't need to be verbal.

"...That's how it is, Father."

Kaede felt as if her energy was being sapped.

"Harano-sama asked a question about this anime, and Hisashi answered him reflexively."