1 .•* Introduction *•.

Special Neighbors - A Team Crafted story

Chapter 1

•Intro•

My bags were finally packed. I rolled my pink suitcase out the door and stared back at the house. I was so glad to be leaving this hell hole. Goodbye England. Hello Los Angeles. I was going to start again. I would forget everything that happened before. My parents were still asleep. Even if they cared I was running away, there was no way they would be able to catch me. I was ready to go.

•Part 1 ~ Who am I?•

I am Kris, short for Kristabel. I've lived in London my whole life. My parents have... mistreated me. The only thing in life that makes me happy is YouTube videos featuring Team Crafted. Other than that my life is pure torture.

So how come LA? I have grandparents who live there, who I have never actually visited, but sometimes used to visit me. Being their only grandchild, I get a lot of pocket money. But then my grandpa died from cancer. My grandma is really depressed, and I'm going to live with her, which is WAY better than living with my parents. She is in on the whole thing, and knows about my parents hatred of me. She is really happy to have me as I'm all she has. Funny that, because she is all I have as well. Now... he's gone. And I don't mean Grandpa.

It's the summer holidays now. Normally the worst time ever for me. At least at school I can hide from the bullies, but my parents know all my hiding places at home. But this time, it's worse. I just graduated, and I was planning on spending my gap year somewhere cool, but my parents wouldn't let me go. So I would have to live with them a whole YEAR before I went to college. I'm glad I chose to escape when I could.

•Part 2 ~ New neighbors•

After a long flight, I finally arrived in LA, and found my grandma waiting for me at the exit.

"Kristabel? Is that you? My, how you've grown."

"Grandma, I told you. It's Kris. Not Kristabel."

"And your hair? When did you get that cut? It's so short! Are you a tomboy now?"

"No... it's just a new look Grandma..."

"And you're so old now"

"Not as old as you!"

My grandma grinned at me. I grinned back. "C'mon, the cab will be waiting. Let me help you with your bags."

*A few hours later*

I'm finally unpacked and just about to take a nap when I hear Grandma calling me. I run downstairs, seeing her with a man, with caramel eyes and pointy hair that I know only too well.

"Kris, meet Mitchell, your new neighbor!"

"It's just Mitch, Mrs Tyler."

I just stood there with my jaw wide open until I managed to mutter the words, "Bajan....Canadian?"

"Hey look," Mitch said to Grandma,"your granddaughter's a fan!"