Chapter 1

As always sorry if there are any mistakes.

Childhood is supposed to be happy

Angelique was born on January 8th 1998 on a rainy and cloudy day in London.

She grew up lovingly with her mom and dad. Or at least that's what her foster parents told her every time Angelique asked about her birth parents.

That's why she knew by now that every time that she asked about them that her foster parents would give her the same old story as always.

The story went that at that time, her foster parents had been neighbors and eventually became friends with her real parents and that when she turned 4 years old her parents had asked her now foster parents to take care of her because they were going on a work trip.

Her real parents however never returned and that's why she grew up with her foster parents. They had adopted her and raised her Like she was their own daughter.

Angelique loved them she truly did but she just wondered why her parents never returned.

She guessed that she wouldn't ever find the answer but it was alright, she had her foster parents whom after a while she started seeing as her real parents.

So, next to that she would also grow up with the stories about angels and Demons and half – angels. Because her foster parents had fought in the war siding with the good angels and the humans who fought against the Demons , dark angels.

They would tell her stories about the time before the revolution and the war that had freed the humans and the angels from the demons. They would also tell her how they locked up the demons and the dark angels after the war so they couldn't cause anymore harm then they had already caused.

"But what about the half angels?" she would always ask them.

Her question was always answered the same way:

"They did nothing, they were useless. That's why they are servants today. " They would always answer.

They would tell her how they had caused the war to begin and that they were the reason humans were enslaved by the demons and the dark angels. So without her parents knowing she one day went to the library to find out more about the war and the half angels in general.

There, she found out that half angels aren't the offspring of a human with an angel.

No they were a mix between a demon and an angel, they used to change in either an angel or a demon when they turned 16 and most of them before the war had turned into demons. She had read that they had caused the demons and the half angels to be freed from the cage and that that was how the 100 year long war began.

The books also told her that because they were a mix of a demon and an angel that they were the most powerful because they had the power of both of them combined.

The research also told her that after the war after the demons and the dark angels were locked up again that the humans and the angels had worked together to punish them.

They both knew that half angels could turn into demons and cause another war again so they worked together to develop a serum that they would be given forcefully if not taken willingly to stop their transformation into either a demon or an angel, so they'd be living their whole life as an half angel.

Meaning that they wouldn't grow any wings nor develop any of their powers, the only power they developed were the healing powers and those powers were also a part of the species punishment.