If I Don't Make It Home Tonight- August Alsina

I stayed in the hospital for three weeks. Everyday my momma brought Jordan to see me. Every night I read him a book and rocked him to sleep before she left. I ordered something for Jordan and I gave it to my momma.  I made her promise not to give it to him until he turned 15. I probably was going to jail and I just didn't want him to hate me when he grew up and realized what I did.

I hope he doesn't hate me.

Today was the day I could go home and I was just getting out the bed when the door opened.  It was my momma with Jordan, TJ,  and Quincy.  I took my son from my momma and he smiled.

Don't forget me when I'm gone baby boy.

"He look just like you baby brother " I heard Quincy say.

"Remember when I hacked into the school system and changed yall grades to A's?" I asked looking at TJ and Quincy.

"Yea man,  my momma thought I took somebody report card" TJ said.

Quincy just looked at momma and laughed.

"I knew you ain't get all them A's,  I ain't never see you doing any homework " momma said laughing.

"Do me a favor?" I really needed to know that Jordan would be okay.

"Anything " they said in unison.

"I want y'all to have joint custody of Jordan,  I know this is alot and I promise - TJ cut me off

"We got you man, I'll take him during the week and Q can take him during the weekends or vice versa. "

Same city, same friends.

"I love y'all man " I said as the door opened.

"Rico De'Andre Ivan Jackson, you're under arrest for the murder of Tesha

Parker. You have the right to remain silent -

"Yea yea,  Nikki shut the fuck up I know I know anything I say can and will be used against me in the court of law and all that bullshit." I was so tired of seeing this bitch. 

"Well then. " she looked like she had her feelings was hurt,  fuck her feelings. "Is this your baby?" she said grabbing for Jordan's hand.

This bitch wish she could touch my son.

I slapped her hands down so fast , it stung me.

She just stared at me.  Fuck yo feelings. 

I stood up from the bed and handed Jordan to my momma.  I kissed his forehead and let the other officer put me in hand cuffs.  I didn't want Nikki touching me. 

I looked at my baby boy one last night and kissed his cheek.  He smiled again. That's my boy.

When they put me in the car I just started out the window.  I felt Nikki staring a hole in the side of my head.  Bruh, the fuck she looking at?

I turned to the front and stared right back at her. She looked away.

When We got to the station they asked me all types of questions about the robbery,  Tesha, and why I did it.  They asked me did I regret it and I said Yea,  because I took my son's mother.  If it wasn't for Jordan I wouldn't have gave a fuck, but he was making me a better person.

They took me to the prison and I was put in this cell with this light skinned dude. His name was Jeremy.  He was pretty laid back. We played cards and talked about our charges.  He was in for aggravated assault. 

During visiting hours my moms brought Jordan to see me and some McDonald's.  I hid the fries in my jumpsuit cause I already knew I was gone get hungry later.

One month later

This shit taking forever.  My trial has been going on for a month. The verdict is due tomorrow.