Check Ya Self Before You Wreck Ya Self- Ice Cube

Dro P.O. V

I went back to my cousin's house after hiding in Wal-Mart for about an hour. I got my stuff and checked into a hotel.  When I got to my room I ordered a pizza and took a shower. 

Can't believe his ass tried to set me up. The fuck he thought this was.  I gotta say those bullets looked real but why would the cops shoot they're own . Fuckin pigs.  I gave that nigga all I could and he working with Nikki ain't this bouta bitch.

I got out the shower as soon as I heard the pizza man. I gave him a fifty and told him to keep the change.

I sat in front of the TV with my pizza.  It had extra pepperoni,  extra cheese,  pineapples,  Canadian bacon, and sausage.  My favorite.  I cut the TV on and watched the news.  Wasn't anything on but the regular shit.  Drug cartels,  murder, and all that bullshit. 

Breaking news. Rico De'Andre Ivan Jackson has been reported to be in stable condition and will be flown to the United States to be questioned regarding the murder of Tesha Parker. Jackson suffered multiple gunshots to the body and one gunshot to the head.  More details to come at 11.

I cut the TV and the lights off. I tried to go to sleep. My conscience  had other plans.
Rico wasn't lying.  He got shot up by the cops, and then me. My memory flashed back to the moment I met Nikki.
"We can do this the easy way or the hard way , I got all day "  She said. 
I don't know why she bothered,  I wasn't snitching. 
"Dammit look, you don't have to do this.  Who are you protecting? " 
Shit, nobody I'm  just not snitching.

"You my nigga Dro "  I looked at Rico as he sat across from me.  Every Saturday he would visit me while I'm stuck in this prison. 

And you tried to kill him. Your only real friend. 
My conscience wore me out all night.

I had to get my nigga out of this mess. After all, he wouldn't be back in the states facing murder charges had I just took him to the hospital instead of shooting him.  I can't let him go to jail.