Job interview

BENS POV

I got to Tricia's house 2 hours ago. I think this is the longest we've been able to sit in the same room together since everything happened. Progression. This is good. Healthy. Healthy for Sloane, at least.

Everytime I see Tricia's face, I'm reminded of walking into my own bedroom to see her in bed with some guy she said was a childhood friend. I get it. We've always been best friends, and I guess that's what led me to get engaged to her. She helped me through a bad time. In a way, I'll always love Tricia. But never like I used to. I'd never be able to look at her and feel the happy, butterfly, in love feeling that I once did.

"Do you like any of them so far?" Trish asks, drinking from her bottle of Fiji water.

"I kind of liked Romeo, but I wouldn't trust him with our daughter." I reply. Romeo was a Spanish guy, he was gay and very open about it.

"Are you serious? I wouldn't even trust him to look after a potted plant." She states, raising her eyebrows.

"God, Trish. You don't have to be so rude about it." I chuckle.

We've been interviewing babysitters since I got here. As we'll be having joint custody of Sloane now, and I'll be on tour, we need someone to care for her whilst I'm in rehearsals and shows. Tricia's going to have her new boyfriend there to help out with Sloane, so she doesn't need anybody.

"Who's next?" I ask, yawning.

"Amy Ramos." She replies,

"That's Sloanes middle name." I point out,

"Obviously." Tricia states. I roll my eyes at her attitude.

"Let's just hope she isn't another fangirl." I sigh,

"Oh my god! Macklemore! Macklemore! Please choose me! Macklemore!" She imitates a few of the people we've interviewed.

"Yo, the fans are dope. I just would prefer the super fans to not look after my kid." I shrug.

"Can we see Amy Ramos please?" Tricia calls through the intercom. The door opens to reveal a young girl with brown hair tied into a messy bun. I notice how pretty her face is straight away. (Outfit: //www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=191036088 )

"Hi." She smiles, entering the room. She looks quite flustered. "I'm so sorry, I had no idea what to wear for a job interview and my roommate couldn't pull away from her girlfriend for 2 seconds to help me... Sorry, I'm Amy, it's lovely to meet you." She says, smiling again. Her light blue eyes flutter upwards and meet mine, before meeting Tricia's. "Oh my god, you're Macklemore. Okay, well that's cool." She shrugs, obviously surprised. I expect her to start freaking out but she's extremely chilled about it.

"You look great." I reassure her. She blushes slightly.

"Hi Amy." Tricia smiles,

"Hey." I greet.

"So I see that you got rid of the purple hair?" Tricia questions,

"Oh, um yeah." Amy chuckles, nervously putting her hand on the back of her neck.

"Relax. Purple's cool." I say,

"It looked nice. But I do appreciate that you dyed it to brown for the interview." Tricia states.

"So, do you have any experience?" I ask,

"I would say so. I have 3 nephews, so I used to babysit them quite a bit before moving out to America. And since then I've babysitted for a few families." She answers.

"What do you think makes you the right person to care for Sloane?" Tricia questions,

"To be honest, I'm not a professional person. I'm not going to lie about it. I'm just a caring person who has experience in looking after children." She replies. She takes a piece of paper out of her bag and hands it to Tricia. "This is my CV. It has my job history and such on it, and also has my university degree and GCSE's on it." She explains. I lean over to look at it.

"If you're qualified to become a nurse, why are you babysitting?" Tricia asks,

"Trish-" I go to tell her that that's quite a personal question.

"It's fine." She interupts me, "I lived in Britain before here, so just after uni I decided to travel whilst I was still young and fell in love with America. So babysitting is just the job that I'm doing whilst I'm here, but in a couple of years if I do choose to move back to England, I have that to fall back onto." She explains.

"Okay, so what wasn't said in the job description was that travelling is required. You'll be going on tour with Ben, and caring for Sloane whilst he is busy. How do you feel about the travel side of things?" Trish asks. Amy considers it for a minute.

"I would be able to do that." Amy answers,

"Okay, that's good." Trish replies, "That's all of the questions, if you got the job than one of us will give you a call in the next two days." She announces. She shakes both of our hands, thanking us for our time.

AMYS POV

"I fucked that up so hard." I complain down the phone to my boyfriend, Asher.

"You want me to pick you up so we can talk about it?" He asks,

"Sure." I reply, sighing. I tell him where I am, and 10 minutes later hear the honk of his car. I look up to see him. "Hey." I smile, getting in his car. I lean over and kiss his cheek.

"What the fuck are you dressed as?" He laughs, lighting a cigarette.

"Babe is that weed?" I snap, smelling it.

"Yeah, want some?" He asks,

"Fuckin' put it out!" I hiss, pushing his leg gently. "I just went for a job interview here, if they see you I'll never get the job!" I say. He rolls his eyes and puts it out, before driving away. He re-lights his blunt as we're a small distance away. I roll my eyes. "Can we go to mine quickly, so I can get changed?" I ask, he nods.

"I'll wait in the car." He says, knowing that if Hollie smells weed on him I'll get lectured.

I run upstairs and change into an oversized vest and black skinny jeans, before putting on my hi-tops and leaving the flat.

"So, where are we going?" I ask, getting back into Asher's car.

~

Four days pass and I assume that I didn't get the job.

I'm sitting on my sofa with Hollie binge watching Dexter when my phone starts ringing. I like it, she's not overly keen.

"Catch." She says, throwing my phone at me.

"Don't!" I yell at her, answering it. "Hello?" I answer,

"Hey." A voice replies,

"Um, sorry, who's this?" I ask,

"This is Ben Haggerty. You came for a job interview the other day?" He says,

"Oh! Mr Haggerty, hi." I greet, standing up and walking to the window for better reception.

"I'm sorry I didn't call sooner. I was wondering if you still wanted the job. We reviewed everything and you seem perfect." He explains,

"For real? Yeah sure!" I reply, "When do you want me to start?" I ask,

"That's the catch. I need you to be at LAX in 2 hours..." He mumbles,