October 20, 1980

I do not own any characters except Anna. The rest belongs to J.K.Rowling.

Snape stared at the small bundle in Dumbeldore's arms.

"Are you sure headmaster?"

The headmaster looked up from the little girl he held. "Certain Severus. She is both mine and yours."

"How is this possible? I mean, no one can have two fathers can they?" Snape looked both worried and perplexed.

"No Severus. However, she is not your daughter, but rather your neice. It would appear that you had a sister you did not know about.'

"So you mean you - with my sister?" Snape looked a little disgusted. "Merlin, you're old enough to be our father aren't you?"

"Indeed. However, I can asure you I never touched your sister, not like that anyway."

"Then how can she be yours?"

"Muggle technology Severus, is a wonderous thing. They can do things that magic cannot. Including it would seem, make children. I however cannot look after a baby. I must ask you to do it."

"Me? But I have no idea how."

"Do what comes naturally. If you don't know what to do, ask some of the other proffesors for help. Several of them have children of their own. Or you could ask Molly Weasley, I'm sure she'd help you." Dumbeldore placed the baby in Snapes' arms.

"Well what's her name then? Surely this sister of mine gave her a name before she left her with you?"

"Your sister died while giving birth to her. She never saw the girl."

"What was her name, my sister?"

"Anne. She said your mother hid her from your father. She was two years older than you."

"Mother used to say she wished for a daughter, but refused to bring another Snape into this world. She didn't want her child to turn into her husband."

"What will you name the girl, Severus?"

"Me? You're her father. Shouldn't you name her?"

"She is not to know I am her father. For all purposes Severus, that will be you."

"But I'm her uncle, not her father."

"It will be better for her to grow up not knowing I am her father, healthier even."

Snape thought about it for a moment, then nodded. "But I will tell her before she turns fournteen. She has the right to know. At least the Dark Lord is gone and will not know about her. What about Aberforth? He has a right to know about her as well. He is after all, her other uncle."

"I will tell him when the time is right for him to know." Dumbeldore moved to pet his pheonix Fawkes. "Now Severus you must give her a name, you can't go around calling her 'girl' all the time."

Snapes' mouth twitched as though he found the thought of naming his niece 'girl' amusing. Then he looked down at the baby in his arms. "Anna." He said softly, then looked at Dumbeldore. "Anna Lily." He looked back at Anna. She's quite beautiful, for a baby anyway. He thought.