6

Ashley's POV

"Wassup guys?" The shirtless man yawned. His eyes were a light brown and his hair resembled burned curly fries. Each curl stuck up one by one. He stretched his arms and looked at us knowingly.

"Guest?" He looked at Stefen.

Haward came out of the bathroom with puffy eyes and a saddened look. He sniffed and walked up behind the shirtless man. His shirt was soaked in water and blood, and pieces of tissue was stuck to the fabric of his shirt. He must have been trying to clean the blood off.

The shirtless man turned around to welcome Haward, and jumped as he saw the blood.

"What the fu-" He was interrupted by gunshots. They seemed to be close. Screams echoed through the city as we saw a crowd of people making there way past the building. There was families with rifles protecting their kids. They huddled closely as the people with weapons were on the outside while the children were on the inside.

The shirtless man grabbed a knife from the kitchen counter and pointed it at Haward. He furrowed his eyebrows and warned for him to stay back.

"Carter let me explain." Stefen spoke up and guided him to the couch.

"Did you guys kill someone or some shit?" He scoffed "I swear to god Michael-" He stopped himself.

"Something happened at the hospital." He continued "A virus broke out and now people..are becoming cannibals-"

"Zombies." I interrupted. " People are coming back to life..I saw a person DIE and become one of those things. No other explanation." I closed my eyes and realized how everything had just been taken away from us. No more peaceful walks, no more going out with friends, nothing.

"I-I" Carter started "I can't believe this."

Carter looked out of the balcony window and looked shocked. I deciding to join him to see what he saw.

Cars were turned over and burning. There was a girl outside wondering alone. She looked around continuously and with every step she quickly looked over her shoulder.

"There's a girl out there." I said to the group. "She looks fifteen."

Haward and Stefen joined us at the balcony as we watched her from the distance. A man ran up behind her and pulled out a gun. Soon zombies were behind them. He fired twice, and missed both shots. Stefen bolted out of the door with a butcher knife in hand and soon after so did Haward.

Carter and I proceeded  to watch from the window since I had no skills in fighting, and he was still too confused and terrified to go out.

The man took another shot at the two zombies and hit one in the stomach, jolting him back. The two zombies got closer as the man and the girl were being backed into a corner. The girl tripped on her on feet and started screaming. A zombie pounced on her as Haward and stefen tried to catch up to them.

The girl swung and screamed as the other zombie bit into the mans hand. Haward pushed the zombie away from the man as we all heard a piercing scream. Stefen was a little slower and bigger than Haward, so he came a little late and out of breath. By the time Stefen got there he was horrified at the sight.

The zombie sunk his teeth into the girls stomach as she screamed in pain. He feasted on her organs making a satisfied moan with each bite.

Stefen hurled in the coner near a dumpster as the zombie ripped out her organs. The man stopped fighting and watched as the little girl was torn to pieces.

Haward made a face of disgust and sorrow as he stuck the knife into the zombies skull.

The man dropped to his knees and  buried his head in his hands. He screamed and shouted and pulled out pieces of hair.

He gripped the gun in his hand.

"I'm sorry" He raised the gun to his head as he stroked the girls hair. "I'm so sorry."