Kodys Realization

It was Monday now, I still thought about the night in my room and when Kody said he was glad his dad told me it was his birthday, I dismissed the thought though because Kody never mentioned it so I assumed it was a dream. I felt like we were becoming close friends, I felt a stronger connection to him then I had to anyone else, I guess I've just never had such a great friend! Ah well I better get up and get ready for school!
       I did the usual but I didn't proofread any of Kodys assignments even though I knew his Social Studies report was due today, he had a lot of projects now because it was near the end of the year.
       I walked into Kodys room and woke him up, a little impatiently because I made pancakes today! He told me to leave, I guess not as excited for breakfast as Monday?
The rest of the morning went by quickly and the next thing I knew we were back home. Kody got a B on his report and asked me to proofread his assignments and check his work again! This made me sad but happy, sad he got a B and happy he wanted me to help him again. He had math homework he wanted me to look over so I went into his room.
I knocked.
"Kody?"
"Yeah one second"
After a minute he told me to come in. I walked in and sat on his bed where he held his math homework. I looked it over and found one mistake.
"On number 7 you multiplied instead of dividing, see here, this is just a silly mistake you made from not paying enough attention." I said
I turned to him and realize he had been looking at me the whole time.
"Is there something on my face!"
"hmm.."
"Kody!"
"Oh uh.. no"
I looked into his eyes and felt a connection, maybe it really wasn't a dream..
He leaned closer to me and I assumed he didn't hear what I said about the math problem.
"Did you hear what I said about the math problem?"
"Y-yeah" He said while leaning back
"Ok well I'm going to go then."
"No Lumine!"
"Do you need help with anything else?"
"Uhm no but do you want to do something? I'm bored?"
"Sure! Do you want to play a board game?"
"Ok"
"Oh I thought you didn't like them?"
"Then why would you ask?" Kody said, going back to his usual monotone and emotionless voice
"Well do you still want to play? :("
"Sure whatever"
We left the room and went upstairs to the loft. I got out the board game and Kody cleared the coffee table near the sofa. We sat down and played for about an hour, longer than Kody would ever willingly hang out with me before, and especially playing a board game. I guess he really likes being friends with me now.
Kody won.
We sat and talked for a few minutes before Aiden called us for dinner, spaghetti and meatballs, a classic favorite.
       I thanked Aiden for the food and told him I was very grateful to be accepted into his home, he questioned this because I've been here so long already but quickly brushed it off.
       I went upstairs, showered, and brushed my teeth then went downstairs to my room. I saw Kody walk out of his room to go get a glass of water, as he usually did around this time. I walked into my room and went to sleep, excited for tomorrow.

Before I said I would try to post once a week but now I guess I'm going to post every 1-2 days because I'm just so innocents, tell me in the comments if you want me to make longer parts one or twice a week or keep doing the 600 word ones ever 1-2 days 661 words