Hehe ;)

I pushed aside a branch as I stepped forward and looked back to make sure Kody was doing ok. I held the branch as Kody walked in front of me and held it for awhile longer before letting it swing back. I then skipped up to Kody to lead the way. We walked for about 25 more minutes before reaching the spot.
       "We're here!" I said as I stepped into a bed of grass with sitting logs dispersed around the area, "We should eat lunch then head back before it gets dark".
       "Sound good." Kody responded, clearly distracted.
       "Kowwwwwdy? Helloo?" I said, waving my hand in front of his face
       "Uh what?"
       "You should enjoy the scenery! Stop thinking."
       Kody didn't respond but sat down. I sat down next to him and opened my backpack, pulling out 2 chicken sandwiches. We ate silently before Kody held out his card, roses, and candy bar.
"This was for you Lumine." Kody said softly
"Did someone tell you to give that to me? It's not any holiday is it?"
"No.. It's from me."
"But.. why?"
Kody looked into my eyes for a second then looked away. He sat just looking at the trees around us before quickly looking back at me and taking my hand.
"Lumine! Please."
I had never heard Kody say please I looked at him. Directly at him. And before I could respond he desperately said,"I just.. I need you to understand." And I really did understand.
248 words (not going to ruin it by saying more)