Level 5: Thursday Morning

You woke up to an empty bed as well as the smell of bacon and pancake batter, quickly sitting up in bed and scooping up the blanket that weighed you down. Hurriedly slipping on your socks and rushing out of the room, you see a tall figure in the kitchen flipping pancakes like there's no tomorrow. He continued to flip pancakes and watch the bacon cook as you prepared to speak

"Do you usually do this?" You asked with curiosity in a groggy voice.

"Not really," He responded with a calm tone and a slight smile. You eyed all the food, still dragging along your blanket.

Your high levels of stress caused a more urgent state of hunger, causing you to practically lunge at your plate when it was served. Niall grew wide-eyed at your eating as he walked up to you.

"Damn." He stammered while watching. You stopped in embarrassment and ate slower.

"Can I say something serious really quick?" He touched your arm to stop it from getting more food. You nodded in approval and turned to him with your head resting on your fist.

His face went worried before turning cold and emotionless. 

"I..I just think it's better if you're without me." He said with a sad but unforgiving tone. You stood there looking at him for a second, your hands clamming up tensely. 

You didn't want to reveal your vulnerable state of confusion but it was already apparent on your face. You stand from your chair and quickly turn to hide from him and head for the room.

Everything was still loosely placed in the bags with just your hairbrush left in the drawer. You knelt down to push your items inside.

Your eyes started to water again as you thought about his profession yesterday. It was so sudden and so was this direction to leave. You felt your heart being torn as you were shown love and dejection back to back.

As you opened the drawer you could see him standing behind you and waiting. 

"What?" you said with an annoyed tone, still grabbing for the brush handle.

"Nothing, just making sure you don't have to come back for any of your things." He said as he left the room coldly.