Chapter 1

NOTE: This book takes place before the release of Spiderman: Homecoming

I pulled out my headphones from my backpack and stared out the window, leaning my head back.

We had just left the airport and were driving to our new house.

Since my mom died, things have been a little difficult for my dad and me. He was a director and has took parts in many successful movies but after the loss of my mom, he left the industry and we moved to Chicago.

I didn't really know what to feel. My mom and I were really close. When she died, a part of me also died. I lost hope and thought I wouldn't be able to do anything without her being with me, right by my side.

Over the months, I learned to accept things and found myself new hobbies to distract myself. It was easier for me than it was for my father. I was in my last year of high school so I had my classes to worry about but I could see how lonely he was.

We didn't talk much and I usually ate alone, in my room. It did break me that we weren't close like we use to but our relationship has been growing stronger. Slowly, but at least we were making progress.

Now, after two years, we were moving back to Los Angeles. My dad had gotten a huge offer. He was going to be directing Marvel's newest upcoming movie. I had no idea what it was but if my dad was happy, then so was I.

I didn't feel very sad about the whole moving thing because I didn't have many friends at my old school. I was glad that we were returning back to our old neighborhood. At least now I had a few people I could talk to.

I slowly closed my eyes, letting the tiredness of the day take over me. I imagined what my new life would be like as I drifted off to sleep.

I couldn't wait to start over.