Chapter 2

Note: Y/N stands for your name
Y/L/N stands for your last name

I turned off my alarm right when it went off and jumped out of bed to get ready. Normally, I would take my time getting out of bed but today was the first day of shooting and I haven't been able to sleep all night.

I quickly put on a baby blue sweater that matched my eyes and black ripped jeans. After brushing my teeth I put on my makeup, which was only concealer and some nude eyeshadow. I let my brown waves fall back on my shoulder and raced down the stairs.

I didn't want my dad to leave without me. He didn't want me to get involved in his job but since we couldn't afford college right now, and I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life, I decided it was best for me to be there and help him. At least we would be together, doing something we both love.

I smiled to myself, wishing my mom was here with us.

"Wow, that's a first! You're up early and ready to go." My dad said when he saw me putting on my shoes.

"Didn't want to slow you down." I said smiling.

He smiled back at me and opened the door for me. We got in to the car and he started driving to the studio. Today was the green screen day. After the action scenes were done, they needed to go to New York for some other scenes.

It was all really confusing for me and I didn't care much. Some traveling would be nice for my dad. He needed it. I think we both did.

Since we both skipped breakfast we got coffee and some croissants on our way to the set. I was really hungry but I couldn't eat anything. I was so nervous.

From my father getting fired to him embarrassing me, my brain was planning everything that could go wrong.

Once we got out of the car and inside the studio, I hugged my dad and gave him a huge smile.

"I'm so proud of you dad and so excited for you to be back on the set."

"Thank you Y/N. I didn't notice until now how much I missed this job." He looked around proudly.

"So... is there anything I can do? Anything you need help with?" I asked.

"No we're just waiting for our main actor to show up. He should be here any minute." He took out some papers from his bag and was about to go through them when he stopped and faced me suddenly.

"Oh, I almost forgot, you remember Christine right?" I shook my head. How could I not remember her? She was like a sister to me.

"She's one of the main makeup artists for the movie. I think she's in the dressing rooms, why don't you go and say hi?" He said.

"Great! I'll stop by and say hi" I said and ran towards the dressing rooms.

I was distracted by the food table to notice something or someone coming at me. It knocked me off and I found myself on the floor.

"Ugh" I mumbled under my breath. I had fallen on my wrist and it was hurting, a lot. The person must of heard me because a hand reached for me.

"Are you okay, darling?" A man said with British Accent. I looked up to see an attractive man with deep brown eyes and soft looking curly hair. He actually looked concerned. I must have staring for a while because he reached for me again.

"Darling?" I shook my head and gave him my hand. He pulled me up and straightened me.

"Oh, y-yeah Im fine. So sorry for bumping into you like that." I said, a little embarrassed.

"It's alright, love" He laughed.

Oh god, that laugh.

I could feel the blood rising to my cheeks. His laugh was adorable.

"I'm Tom." He smiled and stuck out his hand.

"I'm Y/N." I smiled back at him and shook his hand.

"Well, it's lovely meeting you Y/N, but I should get going, duty calls." He said in a sassy voice, making me giggle.

"It's lovely meeting you too, Tom." I mimicked his voice, making both of us laugh.

We exchanged another look and then went our separate ways.