Chapter 3

After my little chat with Christine (and some internet research) I'd learned that Tom was a British actor and that he had played many roles before Spiderman.

I didn't know what to think of him. He seemed like a chill person and it felt nice to have someone around my age on set.

Since it was the first day of shooting, and my first day here, I didn't know what scene they would be shooting. I didn't even know what the movie was about to be honest. I haven't read the script yet but I could guess what the main storyline was.

I grabbed some magazines and sat next to my dad. I was kind of like his assistant. My job was to help him out and take notes about scenes or bring him whatever he needed.

I overheard my dad and Tom arguing about the stunt doubles. Dad wanted him to use his stunt double but Tom kept refusing.

Dad sighed in defeat and walked back to his seat. Sitting next to me, he motioned for Tom to start.

The scenes took a bit longer than I expected. Tom kept falling on one of the stunts. My dad kept insisting on a stunt double but as always, Tom refused.

All he had to do was back flip off this rock-like prop but for some reason he couldn't land right.

"I'm sorry mates. It's a bad day." He apologized to everyone in the room.

Everyone said that it was fine while dad rolled his eyes.

I knew I could do the stunt. The prop wasn't that high and I wasn't wearing anything too revealing.

Dad must of thought the same thing because he gave me a knowing eye.

He stopped Tom before he can do another flip and motioned for me to get up on the prop.

"Can you please show Mr.Holland how to do the landing, Y/N?" Dad asked and I nodded.

Without hesitating I did a back flip and landed perfectly. I even did that Spiderman move after my landing.

Tom smiled at me, clearly impressed.

"See Tom, why can't you just do that?" Dad said and walked back to his chair behind the cameras.

"Sorry." His British accent was so cute.

Then he turned back to me and asked "You did gymnastics or something?"

"Cheerleading." I responded with a small smile. "Oh and a little tip on landing, stay tucked until you see the ground then naturally let your legs down."

He probably knew that already but I had gotten nervous and didn't know what else to say.

"Thanks, Darling. Let me know if you have any more tips for me." Tom said with a wink.

Oh.

My.

God.

I blushed and awkwardly walked back to my seat next to Dad.

"Okay let's try this again. Places everyone!"

I watched as Tom got back up on the prop and did the back flip. This time he landed perfectly and everyone clapped.

Tom sent a smile my way and nodded as in to thank me but I, being my socially-awkward self, blushed like an idiot and gave him a thumbs up.

"Okay okay, let's redo that." Dad yelled and everyone went back to their places while I looked at Tom and saw him cracking up to my all red and thumbs up giving face.

Well, this day could've gone a lot of worse.