Im Terrible at Goodbyes

I thought it was Karina again but... "Ah!" "Sorry I didn't mean to scare you." I frowned "Oh, what do you want Grayson?" "I forgot to tell you that we are starting a project and Mrs. Fryer wanted me to tell you since you had your headphones in, anyway I was wondering if you would be my partner?" What is the correct answer for this missy? Dude no one asked you, I'll slide past it instead of being an asshole. Smh... "Ask Amara." "She already has Courtney." "Why me?" "I miss you..." His eyes got all sad, I hated it when he did that although I will admit the one thing I still love about him is how beautiful his eyes are. Gurl knock it off! I mean I know he has a twin but they're so different in my opinion. "I'll think about it." "Really?!" He got all excited, okay who is this guy and what has he done with Grayson Dolan? "Yeah." "Oh, um... could you give me another ride?" "Yeah I guess." "Sweet." "What about Amara?" He looked out at her and saw her giving me the death glare. "She'll live." Woah he's putting me first before his girlfriend? I no longer know this guy...

*After school, 3:30pm*

I waited by my car for Grayson, he shot out of the school building with Amara yelling at him, they fought all the time but this fight looked worse. Karina and Ethan walked up beside me (see how I said Ethan's girlfriend didn't mind me?). "I wish you the best of luck." Ethan said sarcastically. I got concerned and wanted to just let him deal with her. "Should I just leave him?" Karina put her hand over my mouth and got excited "No let's see how this plays out." Ethan flared at her "Karina! Cmon babe." He groaned. "What? I need my daily entertainment." She gave a sarcastic remark. "Same here." My other best friend Mia walked up with her boyfriend Kyle. "Hey Mia, and you guys really? Isn't this kind of-" Mia shushed me. "Shhh it's getting good." They finally got close enough for us to hear. "Whatever! I've been cheating on you this whole time anyway!" We all dropped our jaws. "Holy shit..." I stomped my foot. "Dang four years later and she finally admits it? I wish I could've filmed it." "And... sent!" "You didn't..." "No?" Mia and I said together "Karina!" "What?" I laughed "I could kiss you." I wasn't mad at her actually I was really happy. "I love you but no thanks." She and Ethan kissed and I rolled my eyes. "You two make me wanna puke." We all laughed until Grayson walked up and we all got dead silent. "Hey Gray, you okay bro?" "Let's go Leanna." Now I felt bad for him... damn it. "Okay, um I'll see you guys later?" "Yeah." Okay now this is getting interesting to me... The whole car drive was silent, I didn't want to offend him or anything; I pulled into the garage and got out of the car but he stayed out and I opened the door. "Hey you need to talk?" He shook his head no and I crouched down in front of him. "If it makes you feel any better, I'm sorry." "Don't be, I deserve it." DAMN STRAIGHT. Hey! Not now!

I felt bad so I hugged him, I know he's been an asshole but I still cared for him. This is gonna come back and bite you in the ass. Zip it buddy... He hugged me back, he smelled like my favorite cologne... WAIT WHAT AM I DOING!? Please make it stop! I'm about to gouge my eyes out! I pulled back. "You okay? I thought we were having a moment." "Can we just work on this project?" He put his hand on my face and pushed my hair behind my shoulder. "Leanna..." I moved away and stood up. "I'm sorry, I can't..." I became cold. "I'm gonna go, I will talk to you tomorrow okay?" I tried to sputter something out of my mouth but my brain was being a jerk and stopping me making me think of something more serious and important than him. Then again just like that, as he shut the door he took another piece of my heart with him...