Leaving Home.

Disclaimer~ Fairy Tail and it's characters do not belong to me.

Hope you enjoy~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucy couldn't tell which was worse, being ignored or being abused. After all she had been through both. A short while after Layla had passed her father, her own flesh and blood had started ignoring her. The younger version of herself had always been confused, shouting nonsense about her mother coming back.

She grew older and her father and her were arguing, because that's all they did when they weren't avoiding each other. Lucy had had enough and snapped, "mom would have wanted you to move on! She would have wanted you to be happy even without her!" She paused tremors running through her body as she fought to keep the worst of her anger inside, "I moved on... Why can't you? I believe that she's watching over us! I believe that she'd frown upon your actions! Something you obviously have forgotten, so answer me this. Did you even love us?"

That was the first time Jude Heartfillia had ever laid a hand on his daughter, it was the last time as well. As she cradled her cheek in her hand she whispered an inaudible 'goodbye', before turning and walking down the stairs waving goodbye to the staff before grabbing her suitcase, and with a smile she walked out into the world.

She remembered that day as if it were only yesterday, though it was more than seven years since then. She remembered the letter she had found when she and the others had returned from Tenrou, and frowned as tears started to well up in her eyes. She still loved her father, so of course she had missed him, it was in her nature.

She couldn't believe she ever chose to leave, especially with what's going on in Fairy Tail. The abuse she gets both verbally and physically ran through her head, she remembered Natsu's words. 'Nakama are nakama no matter what', she felt as though he was mocking her, 'I will protect my nakama at all costs'. Lies they were, she never thought something could hurt so much.

Family they said.

Guess family doesn't always stick together.

After all, she wouldn't be covered in bruises if they did. There were only two people and one exceed who she could call her friends. They were the most unexpected especially for Lucy. Before it all went down Lucy hadn't so much as even looked at Gajeel and Juvia. Pantherlily is another story, he may not be as sweet and happy as well Happy, but he was just as adorable. Though Lucy was just glad they stood by her without request.

Juvia had even stopped crushing on Gray, ashamed that she had fallen for a man who would betray his own nakama. Gajeel quit hanging out with Levy angry at her for tearing her best friend down.

As Lucy walked inside the guild bracing herself for magic to hit her all at once she closed her eyes. She stood there waiting to be thrown back, but it didn't happen. She opened her eyes to see Juvia standing in front of her with her arms out creating a barrier of water around them.

Her soft voice spoke in third person as always, "Juvia, Gajeel~San, and Lily decided that they wish to go with Lucy~Sama. Wherever that may be."

Lucy's mouth fell agape as she struggled to find words. Her eyes met the crimson ones of the iron dragon slayer as he nodded. She looked to Pantherlily who's arms were crossed and who's face had the biggest look of determination she had seen as he said, "and we won't take no for an answer."

A smile took over the girl's face, "then what are we waiting for?"

Both Juvia and Gajeel wondered how she could still smile. They wondered how despite everything going on she could still be so optimistic. That had been a mystery to the entire guild. She would even smile when fighting the enemy, or when she lost to the enemy, because she didn't want to drown in a pool of darkness.