Starting Fresh

You were going into Ranked battles with your favorite weapon, you were frustrated however. You were stuck in the same Rank for several months, Rank A to be exact and it was for all modes except Clam Blitz which you despised.

It could be the fact that you haven't established a team of your own. It was hard to find good teammates considering most took Ranked way too seriously to the point it felt like you were inferior. Others were: let's say you weren't happy of their performance.

Basically you had to take matters into your own hands to keep your Rank in a steady place.

You took a deep breath before heading into the lobby. As you walked in others came out, you saw team after team all looking satisfied of their battles. You sighed and wished you were in their shoes especially of the S4. The S4 were the top teams in the square. They all had a team of highly skilled players with the ability to work together in a synchronized fashion.

Entering the lobby you were put into a group of three other guys. One had a dynamo roller, the next guy had the .52 gal and the last one had a Splattershot. You walked over to them and introduced yourself.

"Hello I'm (Y/N)," You said cheerfully.

The three guys waved and introduced themselves to you.

The guy with the dynamo roller went first, "The name is Squaps, at your service! " He was wearing hockey like gear from the helmet to the Jersey except the shoes which were the Power boots.

"Hunter, I always make sure to hunt the opponent down no matter the costs. My .52 gal never let's me down." Hunter had the crazy eyes when he said that, which made you feel a little scared of what he was capable of doing outside of battle.

"Retro. " He offered you a handshake and you shook back. "I'm the leader of this trio team...we had problems with our fourth member. " He revealed, rubbing the back of his neck.

"He was a disgrace to squid kind! That inkling bastard!" Hunter said menacingly clenching his fists looking as if he was about to punch something.

"He wasn't that bad! Just..." Squaps thought for a second, "Okay I'll admit he wasn't the best. "

"Yeah he was just not putting his part in the team, now we're on the lookout for any potential members. " Retro admitted.

You smiled at the suddenly stroke of luck! But at the same time you were suspicious of why they would tell you so openly about it, but you chose to ignore the obvious.

"Funny you should say that because I've trying to look for a team to suit my standards! " You squeaked.

"Excellent!  If you can prove that you have what it takes out in the battlefield we will consider you a member! " You jumped in joy just imagining the possibilities. You would finally be able to kiss A rank goodbye and say hello to S rank with a team you could call your own.

You grasped your favorite weapon and posed, "Then let me show you what I got!"

"Hello everyone!  Today we are going to have a friendly competitive match of Rainmaker! All teams please ready yourselves at the spawn area! And the stage for battle is... The Reef!" Pearl and Marina were the commentators welcoming everyone to the match.

You were a bit nervous of the match, you wanted to prove you could be a part of a team, to prove you had the skills and to prove you were going to make it up to S Rank.

You took a deep breath and concentrated. Rainmaker, break the shield and advance to the podium! You told yourself.

Marina tapped the mic, "Ready? "

"Go! "