Oh?!

"Meet me by the café, I'll be waiting for you there 30 minutes before the concert starts. Don't be late. " Army took his leave and marched off into the crowd of inklings in the square, disappearing in a few seconds as he became engulfed by the crowd.

You were left alone on the table. After a moment you sank to the bottom of the chair. Your thoughts now filled will regret.

"I made mistake...he is so going to have his revenge when this concert is over. " You exhaled and looked at your squid phone hoping to get your mind off things.

After a few hours of mindless internet browsing you decide it was time to head home. You had to get more comfortable to be able to enjoy the concert to the maximum.

You quickly boarded the next train home and as you did you saw that Retro there. You decided to go and take a seat beside him.

"Hey Retro. " You said softly.

He welcomed you with a toothy smile and patted the seat beside him.

"So how was the kiss (Y/N)? " Retro said teasingly against your ear.

You blushed, "W-what... "

Retro wiggled his eyebrows, "Do you like him?  Don't say you don't. " He nudged your side trying to get under your skin.

"I don't o-okay! " You squeezed your eyes feeling quite embarrassed that Retro was messing with you.

Retro turned your head towards him, "Look (Y/N), Army is a stubborn one, but I feel like you can soften him. "

You lifted an eyebrow in confusion,"What are you trying to say? "

Retro expression changed and gave you a intimidating glare, something you never thought he would ever do, "It's simple (Y/N), you make him fall in love with you and have a much better chance to look through his manual. "

You were confused at what he was telling you but it then clicked.

"You want me to steal his manual?"

Retro smiled, "Well yes and no." He paused a moment like he was trying to choose his next words carefully, "Don't you want to get out of A? Or would you rather stay there forever? With that manual we can be the best team in Inkopolis!"

"Isn't stealing wrong? " Retro shook his head at your question.

"You won't be stealing, you'll be learning the strategies from him." In your head it made sense what Retro was telling you. You were desperate to get out of A and getting to know those strategies would be beneficial to you and the team.

"Will you do it (Y/N)?" Retro looked into your eyes and you saw the desperate need in his eyes as well.

You nodded your head, "I'll do it."

Retro grasped his hands together in glee, "Thank you (Y/N)! " He then proceeded to hug you tightly.

"I'm so glad I recruited you on the team! " Retro yelled.

The train had stopped at your destination and you said goodbye to Retro and told him you would talk to him later. You quickly walked to your quaint home not far from the station. The neighborhood was rather small where you lived but it was peaceful unlike the city.