Final Thoughts

A tentative sip, followed by a gentle exhalation through pursed lips, cooling the steaming vapors that escape through a dollop of whipped cream atop the latte.

A cool, refreshing encounter between ice cubes and parched lips before the tang of fresh lemon zest tickles the tongue receptors.

Smooth chamomile scents being pursued by hints of lavender and honey as the velvety liquid warms from the inside out.

Our beverage of choice may vary, wildly, as do the emotions portrayed in this collection of short short stories. Whether we discover jarring surprise, poignant reflection, exhilarating adventure, haunting memories, or tender romance, each is important to our human existence.

I want to offer a sincere thank-you to each reader who has taken this journey with me along an oscillating roller coaster ride of emotions. My wish is that each story leaves you filled with memorable sentiments, of different varieties, as you reflect upon them. It has been a true pleasure to share them with you.

I knew when I began writing this short anthology of flash fiction what the final story would be.

Life is messy, beautiful, chaotic, exhilarating, dispiriting, and... amazing. We need to experience and feel everything to give meaningful depth to each emotion. But, no matter how high our journey carries us along the tracks, or how deep we plummet down a hill, hope springs eternal.

There is always hope. Always.

#

If you enjoyed this collection of stories, I invite you to join my author community at www.davecenker.com/join-our-community to share in even more caffeine for the soul. By doing so, you will be the first to hear about new novels, special promotions, and monthly musings about a day in the life of yours truly... as a reader, a writer, and an everyday person meandering through this journey called life.