The True God Of War

Kratos walked through the halls of his palace deep in thought. He knew war was coming to Olympus. Just as he knew he would be leading the charge against its enemies. But he had a feeling something bad was going to happen.

Just as he reached his room, a servant reached him out of breath.

'My lord, Lord Zeus has called a meeting. He wants you to be there' The servant said quickly before bowing and leaving.

I grunt in annoyance. Zeus is so damn annoying.

I turn and flash to the throne room where everyone is already seated in their own thrones. I walk over and sit on my own throne next to Athena.

'Now that everyone is here, we can begin' Zeus began.

'It has come to my attention, Gaia and the Titans have reformed and plan on attacking Olympus' Zeus continued.

I looked up in interest. I laughed. 'Good, let them come and meet their end again!' I said with my fists clenched in excitement.

'We cannot let them get close to Olympus and our seats of power' Athena countered in a wise voice.

I growled in annoyance. 'Fine, so long as there are Titans to kill and I'm in the front lines making it happen' I said.

'Don't worry Kratos, war is definitely coming your way' Zeus said in a knowing voice.

Hmm, that sounded almost like a threat. I thought silently.

'So what's the plan of attack?' Apollo asked.

We all looked to Athena, who had a calculating look.

'I say we March our army to Tartarus and confront the Titan Army and the Titans before they prepare themselves for battle' Athena suggested.

I piped up at that. 'I like how you think Athena. When are we going?' I ask eagerly.

'Indeed that is a good plan. We will gather our army and march on Tartarus tomorrow' Zeus said.

'This meeting is closed' Zeus declared as he flashed out of the throne room. Everyone flashed out as well until it was just me and Artemis.

'Be careful in the coming battle Kratos, trust no one' She said as she flashed out.

I stared at her in confusion. What does she mean "trust no one?'' Am I going to be betrayed? But why would she care, She's a man hater! Man these gods are confusing sometimes.

I flash myself to my palace bedroom and went to sleep.

Artemis' POV

Before Kratos got to the council meeting.

Father had just called a meeting and now I am sitting in my throne.

'Kratos is a threat. We need to take him out. He has become too powerful! He rivals even Zeus!' Athena said.

Everyone in the throne room was nodding their heads in agreement. All except me. I didn't want to kill Kratos. He was a good man. Sure he has done some things in his past, but he regrets it all. He has changed from the power hungry man he was. He no longer craves for more power. He is a noble warrior now who fights for Olympus.

'But he has never betrayed us. If we betray him and he survives, he will most definitely betray us' I said in Kratos defense.

Everyone looked at me in shock. Nobody expected me to stick up for a man. In truth, I've come to love him. I don't admit it but I know its true. But I will never tell a soul about that. Ever.

'Artemis, he is becoming more powerful by the day. His rage is becoming uncontrollable. True he barely goes into a rage, but when he does, it's far more powerful and disastrous than the last. We must act now while we still can!' Athena argued back.

It was true, non could ever calm Kratos down when he goes into a killer rage. But that doesn't mean he is evil. I've seen him, every time he goes into a killer rampage, he makes sure he kills monsters and animals, never humans or innocents.

I was about to argue that fact when Zeus yelled for us to shut up.

'We will kill Kratos before he becomes powerful enough to kill us all. We will trick him into believing that the Titans have returned and plan on marching on Olympus. Then we will send him to Tartarus under the rouse that we will be killing the Titans before they ever get out of Tartarus' Zeus declared.

At that I felt my heart break. I couldn't believe they were all going to betray Kratos. I didn't know what to do now. Side with my family or side with the man I love but he doesn't know I love him? Damn it, this is why I'm a maiden goddess!

'Alright let's send word to Kratos of a meeting' Zeus said.

After the meeting... Same meeting as the beginning of the chapter.

Still in Artemis' POV

I stayed behind. I had to warn him at least. I had to warn him of the betrayal that was coming.

'Be careful in the coming battle Kratos, and trust no one' I warned him before I flashed out.

I hope it was enough of a warning, I thought as laid down on my bed in my palace.