Chapter Six: Cheer Up

A week had passed, and the event of 'Hotsprings on Ice' was now a few weeks away. Almost all the time the trio in Hatesu had spent practising on the ice. It was quite common for them to practise for hours on end, from dawn till dusk in some cases, and sometimes even past that.

Viktor was laying on the floor with Maccachin by his side, lazily checking his phone when he heard shouting coming from the kitchen. He recognised that shouting.

Sighing a huge sigh, Viktor got up and made his way down to the kitchen where to nobody's surprise Yurio was once again angry, though it was at the person Viktor didn't expect. Why would Yurio be yelling at Yuri?

Yuri had his hands at the height of his chest in a wasn't-me gesture while Yurio jabbed his finger at his chest angrily.
"What is it this time?" Viktor asked him, wanting to get into the drama.

The younger looked towards him with rage in his eyes. "He ate my leftovers and made me get up!"

When all he got was a dumbfounded look from his idol, he flared up. "He ate my leftovers and made me get up!" He repeated hotly. "I've killed for less!"

"You make it sound like it's a bad thing!" Yuri objected, strangely calm as if he was trying hard not to laugh at him.

"No wonder you're fat, you just eat everything within reachable distance!" Yurio shouted at him.

For the first time Yuri looked hurt by Yurio's insult. But it was only for a couple of seconds.

"Can't you make something else to eat?" said Viktor, trying hard not to laugh himself. "You sound like a cat that has its tail stuck in a door."

With that Yurio stormed out the door in a huff.

"What's with him?" Viktor asked Yuri, cocking his head to the side in question. Yuri put his arms to his sides and shrugged a comical shrug.

  "Then why don't we eat breakfast together?" Viktor proposed. "All three of us."

So in no time at all, all three of the skaters were sat down at a table, Viktor on one side and the two others on the other. They ate in silence, as if something had taken their voices away.

*

Yurio had no intentions of speaking. Granted he did feel a little guilty about yelling at Yuri for something so small, but then again he should know that Yurio was possessive over food.

After a while of awkward silence, Viktor stood to his feet, saying something dumb that Yurio didn't quite hear, and went out of the room, his dog following closely.

So Yuri and Yurio were left alone again.

"Are you still mad at me?" Yuri said after a while.

Yurio didn't reply.

Yuri shrugged his shoulders. "I'll take that as a yes," said he. There was another silence, where Yurio knew that Yuri was struggling with deciding with what to say. But let him say what he had to say.

Yuri didn't say anything for quite a while. His fingers curled and uncurled around his spoon nervously, and Yurio pretended not to notice. He was still a little mad, and it didn't allow him to speak.

Eventually the black-haired one spoke. "You can't stay mad at me forever," he said finally.

Though that sentence only made Yurio more angry. "Wanna bet?" He snapped. "You pissed me off, so I'm gonna be pissed off!" Though his outburst only got an eye roll from the one next to him.

"I think I know what I can do to make you calm down," said Yuri emotionlessly.

Yurio blinked in question, but once again put on his tough act and bared his teeth. "There is nothing you can do to make me calm down! If only it will make me even more mad at you, so spare yourself the trouble."

Once again Yuri hesitated, genuinely contemplating if he should do what he was planning to do. What Yurio said was true. Anyone who messed with him was to know the consequences wouldn't be nice.

But Yuri had smiled. It was an innocent, rather sheepish smile that Yurio had only seen on him once, and that was when they had properly snuggled together for the first time.

"You don't know that for sure my dear," he said quietly. "Close your eyes, will you?"

Yurio glared at him as if Yuri was some sort of lunatic. "Okay what are you planning?" If there was anything he didn't like was surprises. But Yuri shook his head wearily.

"Don't argue for once in your life," he snarled calmly, now genuinely fed up with Yurio's attitude. "Close your eyes."

Yurio hesitated for a great bit before finally closing his blue-green eyes. The environment of Hotsprings melted away into darkness as he waited for something to happen. For a while nothing happened. He heard nothing too. What was Yuri planning?

Though just when Yurio was about to peek or at least bark angrily at Yuri, something did happen. It was something Yurio did not expect. Never in a million years.

Soft lips touching his.

In an instant Yurio's eyes shot open, only to see Yuri's face so close to his that he could make out every eyelash behind the lenses in his glasses. There was a pale blush dusting his cheeks, and his eyes were closed smoothly.

Yurio froze, his cheeks going beetroot red. The kiss was soft and gentle, just like Yuri was. For a while Yurio did not know what to do, but eventually his body relaxed, his eyelids closed and he leaned slightly forward, returning the favour.

Eventually the two pulled away, each opening their eyes slowly and unsurely to look at the other. Both seemed slightly shocked at what had happened, lost for any words. But eventually, Yuri smiled warmly.

"See? You're not mad anymore," he said sweetly, his innocent smile widening into a toothy grin. Yuri was clearly proud of himself for taking the lead for once in his life.

"Ah-hmm," Yurio grumbled as he looked away. He didn't want to admit that Yuri was right, but at the same time he couldn't stop the faint smile appearing on his own face. "Moves like that could get you killed," he said mockingly once his face cooled down a bit.

"I'll take my chances," Yuri mocked back, shaking off his own cute blush and leaned against the hard backing of the seats. But the blush was once again back up on his face when Yurio leaned into him, burying his face into his neck. "You want another kiss kitty?" He teased quietly.

Yurio looked up at him with a challenging gaze. "I'd thought you'd never ask." With that he grabbed Yuri's shirt and pulled him towards himself, locking his lips tightly with his own.