Chapter 21: Test 1: The 3 Dimensional Maneuvering Gear

I heard clapping behind me, so I turned my head around to see Armin smiling at me and, of course, clapping.

"You're an amazing singer," said Armin.

"Really? Nobody ever has told me that before," I said.

Armin looked at me confused.

"Why's that?"

"Well, now that I think about it, Lily has always out shined me and my other roommate, Shadow, in stuff like that. She was always better with singing, so we naturally didn't try to interfere."

"How would that interfere?"

I sighed.

"One of us could have had a bigger career in it and we would eventually try to get more popular then the other. Besides, I'm not the type of person who would make it a career."

"I see," said Armin.

I pushed my weight onto the spear and tried to stand up, which ended horribly because I ended up landing on my back.

"Uh, do you need help?"

"Yes please."

Armin held his hand out to me and I grabbed it. He then pulled me up. For some weird reason, I didn't fall this time. I stumbled a bit, but I didn't fall.

"Thanks," I said.

"Your welcome. By the way Commander Erwin and Captain Levi want to see you near the forest over there," Armin said while pointing to the forest on the other side of the forest.

I looked over to the forest and sighed.

"What a great time to say that," I said sarcastically.

Armin laughed a little and then started running towards the forest. I followed, trying my hardest no to look exhausted. By the way, the field is HUGE so running to the opposite side was hard. When we got there, Erwin and Levi were waiting there for me with my gear. Armin saluted to them and then left, leaving me with Erwin and Levi.

"Soooooooooo," I said," What did you want?"

"Well since you're new here, we need to figure out how good you are with the gear and fighting titans without going into that Marionette mode," Erwin explained.

"Marionette mode?"

"Since Armin mentioned that those eyes looked like the Marionette's, which I still want to figure out what that is, we decided to call it the Marionette mode."

"Oh," I said.

"Any ways, we assume you know how to put the gear on so please do so right now."

I nodded my head and put the gear on. It, for some reason, was really easy when I first put it on a week ago. Reiner and Bertholdt didn't even need to teach me how to use it. I just figured it out as soon as I put it on. When I finished putting the gear on, I looked over at Levi and Erwin.

"So, what am I going to do?" I asked.

"Hanji created titan dummies that are used to train soldiers to fight titans when they just pop out of no where. These dummies are scattered around the forest. Your job is to slice the nape of the titans as fast as you can. There will also be a few soldiers that will jump out and attack you. Attack these soldiers until they're on the ground. Got that?" said Levi.

I nodded my head.

"Great, you have two hours. Ready?"

I nodded my head again.

"You may now start."

I used the gear to shoot myself into the nearest tree. I then shot the strings of the gear forward and started flying through the forest. Not even a few seconds of flying through the forest past by before the first titan dummy sprang out. It really didn't catch me that much by surprise, so I didn't need to do much. I just pulled my blades out and flipped upside down. I held the blades out under me as the dummy past by. I looked behind me and smiled.

'Yes, a clean cut,' I thought.

After about 30 minutes of doing the same thing over and over again, I heard the sound of someone else using their gear. I looked around to see if I could see someone, but to no avail. I, for some reason, closed my eyes and focused on what direction I had heard the noise. When I found the source, I immediately aimed my gear in that direction and shot myself over to the soldier. I knocked into the soldier and made him loose his grip in the gear. He then started falling to the ground.

'Yes!' I thought.

I went back to the path I was taking and continued with what I needed to do. After time was up, I went back to where Levi and Erwin were. I landed near where I stood before I started with this 'test' and collapsed.

"That was so much more tiring then I thought," I said while panting.

Levi sighed and looked over to Erwin, who was checking what the other soldiers wrote about me, or so I assumed. Erwin looked up from the papers and at me with a surprised look on his face.

"You're really good at using the gear, especially for someone who just learned how to use it a week ago," he said to me.

"Thanks," I said.

Levi walked over to Erwin and looked at the papers. His eyes widened when he saw the results.

"Where did you learn to do some of this stuff?"

I looked at him confused.

"What do you mean?"

Levi sighed and walked away.

"It's nothing, just curious," he said.

I sighed and looked at Erwin. He then gave me a small smile.

"Take your gear off and follow us. We have the another test set up for you."

I groaned and took the gear off. I then followed Erwin and Levi to where my next test was. But before I could get far from the forest, I heard someone calling for Erwin. Erwin turned around and looked over at one of the soldiers that was coming out of the forest. He was a guy with blond hair that was parted to the side and covered one of his eyes and green eyes. Erwin turned around and looked at him.

"Yes, what is it Anthony?"

"The girl," he said while panting," Her cap flew off during the test."

He held the cap out to Erwin. Erwin grabbed it and thanked him. The soldier, Anthony, saluted to him and left. Erwin threw the cap over at me and started 'following' Levi again. I looked at my cap and smiled.

'At least some people that I haven't met yet don't treat me weirdly,' I thought.

I put my cap on and started following Erwin and Levi to the training area, not even noticing the blond haired boy glancing over at me from the small forest.

Hello my lovely readers. How have you guys been? You know, I was wondering if you guys wanted me to do another fanfic for a different anime. If you do, please tell me in the comments and where I can watch it other then crunchyroll. Thanks for your support. Bye.