Chapter 5

Gajeel P.O.V

"Salamander!" I yelled as I walked into the guild. He had been lying on the floor while everyone put up bedding. "What?!" He looked up at me from his spot on the floor.

"Show me how to use my magic." He lept to his feet. "Alright! It will be hard on your human body at first, so let's start with one thing at a time. What do you want to know first?"

The image of shrimp disappearing over the rock wall came to mind."Flying." He nodded. We walked outside and a bit away from the guild.

"Alright close your eyes." I rose an eyebrow. "It helps to focus, now shut yer damn eyes before I shut'em for ya." I growled but did what I was told. "Now I want you to imagine spreading your wings. Spread them as far as you can. Think of feel of the air, the nearness of the sky. I want you to focus on that."

I did as I was told, remembering soaring, feeling like you could touch the sky. There was a pain in my back but I didn't stop. I focused and soon the pain spiked before finally going numb. My back felt heavy and I turned my head to see large black leather wings sticking from my back.

"Way to go!" Natsu said with a grin."Now I'm sure you get the actual flying part. It's the same as before, but since your smaller you don't need as much force. It will be tiring at first but the more you fly the easier it gets." He spread his own leather wings.

"Now come on metal face!" He shot into the air. I used one strong wing beat and followed him. I put to much force into it because I actually went past him.

This felt so great. I flew high, speeding through clouds and over the tree tops. Natsu trailed behind, making sure my wings didn't give out. After I had been flying for a few hours he caught up o me.

"Hey come on. You'll wear yourself out before long. Lets go get some food." I nodded and followed him down to the ground. After some instruction I pulled in my wings.

Now I knew what he meant by it would be hard on me. Everything hurt, like someone took a stick and beat me with it. I shuffled in to the guild and sat at the bar.

Levy P.O.V

I woke with a yawn an stretched. So tired! I sat up in my little makeshift nest and looked around. Natsu and Gajeel were coming down from the trees. I couldn't help but stare at Gajeel,his wings were beautiful. You could see the power in them even when they didn't move.

Once they were inside I decided to follow. I walked in to see Gajeel trying to order food from Mira but getting frustrated. "Anything with meat Mira." I said as I walked up to the bar. She smiled and went to fix it as he turned to me.

"Thanks." he grumbled. I smiled and sat beside him. "So when are you gonna teach me the language?" I pulled out a book from my bag. "I have a job to do so I made this. It's the basics translated to our language. You will be able to have simple conversations and understand."

I handed it to him an he flicked through it, his face scrunched up a little. I frowned."Dont tell me... You can't read?"

"So what if I dont? I'll just wait for you to get back from your job." he handed the book back. I sighed as Mira have us our food. After eating I yelled at Natsu. "What?" "you want todo a job?" His face lit up with a grin. I handed him my job flyer. He took it, no questions asked, and ran to get Lucy.

Gajeel raised an eyebrow." Now I can teach you."

///Time Skip- 5hours\\\

Why did he have to be so thick headed?! I sighed in frustration as Mira laid my dinner in front of me. I thanked her and ate.

Gajeel had walked outside not long ago so I was alone. I sat quietly once I was done eating and watched everyone. Once everyone was asleep I threw on my cloak and headed for the door.

I quietly flew through the forest and up the stone cliff that surrounded out valley. I headed deeper into the woods,away from town. I flew as fast as I could, but still I was nearly hd an hour to my destination.

I arrived at a large tree, though large was an understatement. The tree had to be almost a mile in diameter and several hundred feet tall. A large rope circled the tree that tied into a knot in the front and had a talisman on it.

I sat in front of it and called out."Im back!!" A small golden sphere flew down from the tree and circled my head before playing with my hair.

It flew to my ear and whispered."Your not alone."