⍟ 5

The next morning, Jaehwan got up early, ready to head to work. He definitely preferred the morning shift, he was a morning person, and working earlier meant he had more time to go home and relax during the night hours. He was never good at staying up late.

He got to the cafe where he worked and cleaned up any messes he saw and started brewing some coffee before turning on the 'open' sign, letting out a breezy sigh. Anyone who came in here in the morning was either a happy morning person like himself, or a grumpy person who needed caffeine in order to function. It wasn't hard to spot the difference between them, but sometimes he found himself being overly cheery with a person who was tired, which never ended well. The customers either found him adorable, or annoying.. there was no in between.

He leaned on the counter after making himself a cup of tea, waiting for a customer or a coworker to show up.. just someone, because it was very lonely and quiet in here. And if there was one thing he hated, it was to be alone.

After about five minutes, the bell above the cafe door rang, and he perked up. "Ah, good morning, Hakyeon!" Jaehwan grinned at the other man as he put on his apron, hugging him as soon as he came behind the counter. They'd known each other for about five years now, and they were pretty close, so it wasn't really weird behaviour for them. Besides, no one else was around yet to even care.

"Morning, Jaehwan. I'm assuming you slept well?" Hakyeon chuckled a bit, poking the younger employee's cheek with a smile.

"I slept great, actually." He smiled, shrugging. Truth is, after hearing his next door neighbor singing in the shower, he couldn't get the man off his mind. He'd had a really cute dream about him.. they went to the park and got ice cream and pet some friendly dogs. He didn't think he'd ever had such a nice dream, honestly.

"I'm glad to hear that~ I hope the night shift cleaned up well. Sorry I was a bit late this morning, I over slept a little." Hakyeon said, running a finger over the counter. "I promise I wasn't trying to leave you with all the hard work, I was just on the phone kind of late last night.." He said with a sincere smile, but Jaehwan noted the bashful look on his face. 

"Oooh, on the phone, huh? With a girl?" He teased him, knowing very well that wasn't the case. 

Hakyeon shoved him, rolling his eyes. "No, a boy. Don't be silly, Jaehwan." 

Jaehwan gave him a devilish grin, pinching his arm. "A boy! Tell me about him! Is he cute? What's his name? Is he from around here?"

Hakyeon heaved a dramatic sigh, fanning himself. "He's incredibly handsome, and he doesn't live far from me. I haven't met him in real life though, he added me on Facebook last night because we had friends in common and I lived in the same area. If I remember correctly.. his name's Lee Hongbin?" 

Jaehwan nearly choked on his tea. "Lee Hongbin, huh..?"

The other man raised a brow, standing up straight. "Huh? Do you know him, then?"

"Uh," Jaehwan shook his head quickly, clearing his throat. Yes, he knew him. He was one of Wonshik's coworkers, and he was a really funny and friendly guy. "Maybe I do? That name sounds familiar." But something was telling him to withhold that information for right now..

Hakyeon shrugged, opening his mouth to speak before noticing a customer had walked in. "Hi there! Can I help you?"

Jaehwan sighed fondly, watching as Hakyeon took the man's order. He truly was a sweet and caring person.. He knew he'd been hurt a lot in the past, but yet he was still one of the most loving people he knew. All of the heartbreak he'd been put through had only seemed to make him even sweeter and kinder. He decided he'd do more digging on Hongbin when he got home, maybe talk to Wonshik about him later. He wouldn't let another person hurt Hakyeon. The man could definitely bounce back from a bad relationship, but he deserved the best, and he wanted to look out for him if he could. So at least this made things more convenient.