⍟ 4

Wonshik came home to a very bouncy and happy Jaehwan, who's singing as he makes dinner. It had been a while since he's seen him like this. Don't get him wrong, Jaehwan was usually a cheery person, but just.. not this cheery, not recently to be exact. 

"Hey, Jyani. What's got you so excited? You looked like you were dying when you left this morning," Wonshik mused with a chuckle, coming up behind him, stealing a meatball out of the spaghetti sauce Jaehwan was currently cooking.

The older male smacked his shoulder, grinning. "Nothing in particular happened, I just.. I'm just a lot happier than I was.. I followed Taekwoon back, and I realized that was like.. I don't know. It's a big step!" He let out a breezy sigh. "Like, he could have blocked me the second I liked his picture and he recognized my face! But he followed me first!"

Wonshik gave him a tight smile, resting his hand on Jaehwan's shoulder. "I'm glad you finally got some sense into your cute little head," He said, poking his temple. "You were really bent out of shape about it last night. If you want to impress him, you have to be more relaxed, yea?" 

Jaehwan nodded, shrugging as he walked off to strain his pasta. Steam filled the room, and Wonshik waved his hand to clear it from his face before speaking again.

"About neighbor boy. I followed him too.."

Jaehwan turned, his head tilting. "Ah.. did he follow you back?"

"He did, yeah. He liked every picture I had posted. I did the same for him," He murmured, taking the pot of noodles from Jaehwan, mixing the sauce and meatballs into it. "Maybe you should do that too, instead of just looking at all his posts like a creep~ ," He teased.

Jaehwan laughed a bit, but for some reason, what Wonshik had said didn't quite sit right with him. He brushed it off, shrugging. "Y-Yeah, maybe you're right!" He pulled out his phone, going to Taekwoon's profile, eagerly double tapping every post. There weren't too many, anyhow.

He jumped a bit when he clicked a video and it started playing full blast. It was a short video that Taekwoon had taken of himself saying something to a cute kid, probably a relative, and after the initial shock wore off, Jaehwan found himself melting. "He.."

"He sounds like an angel," Wonshik said, his eyebrows raising. 

"Stole the words from my mouth," Jaehwan said, his lower lip wobbling as he looked down at his phone screen. He was full of this overwhelming urge to just hug and cuddle this man, his voice was so high-pitched and soft, it was almost unreal. But it really was befitting of him. 

Apparently Wonshik thought so, too. "He sounds so innocent." He said, walking behind Jaehwan to peek at his phone and grab a bowl to get some food.

Jaehwan peeked down at his phone, then glanced over at the spaghetti he'd made. "Do you think it'd be a good idea to offer him some food? I'm pretty sure he lives alone, and we have more than enough.." 

Wonshik shrugged. "That's not a bad idea. I'll make him a plate, if you want."

Jaehwan nodded. "Yeah, and there's also bread sticks in the oven." Wonshik made a noise of excitement, reaching in the oven to grab two, one for himself and Taekwoon. He put a good amount of food on a plate, then paused, putting a bit more. He knew from the man's Instagram that he liked food. A lot.

He went over to the door, almost opening it, before he paused. "Do you want to take it over, or should I?" 

Jaehwan pouted a bit. "Ah.. I know you probably want to meet him, but I really want an excuse to see him again! So maybe we can both go over there together?" 

Wonshik shrugged, nodding. "Yeah, c'mon." Jaehwan practically ran over, standing close to Wonshik as they walked down the hall to their neighbor's door. He knocked on the door twice, then suddenly went still, now feeling incredibly nervous. Taekwoon probably wanted nothing to do with him. It was certainly a mistake to come over here.