1

Jimin's dirty sneaker splashed in a small puddle on the wet concrete. Finally, it was Friday. He walked away from the big brick highschool to find the beaten up, small, grey car.

Eventually he spotted it and got in on the passenger side. Yoongi looked to his younger counterpart and offered a small smile. Even though he had already graduated, he always came back to the dreaded school to pick up his best friend.

"Did you have a good day?",Yoongi questioned as he started the car. Jimin twirled the rings on his fingers. "Did somebody give you trouble?", Yoongi asked. Bullying was a consistent problem in Jimin's life. It was even harder now that Yoongi had graduated. He didn't have any friends in school and wasn't a rich kid so he wasn't popular. Jimin preferred to be out of the spotlight, but that didn't stop people from wanting to shove him in the middle of it. And not in a good way. The truth is, people are mean. Yoongi hated seeing his friend be put through shit every day, but there was only so much he could do. "Do you.. wanna talk about it?", Yoongi asked another question.

Jimin let out a big breath through his nose. Even though the two lived together and were very close, the tension was still strong. He thought for another minute before speaking. "I'm not trying to be difficult, its just-" Jimin stumbled over his words. Still unsure of exactly how to speak his feelings. Yoongi waited patiently for his younger friends answer. He would wait forever if that was what Jimin needed.

"I just don't like that you have to ask me if 'somebody gave me trouble'. It makes me feel like a child. Like I'm weak and I can't take care of my own problems." Jimin finally managed to get his thoughts out.

"I'm just trying to help.", Yoongi said. He was a bit hurt by Jimin's words. All he was trying to do was make sure Jimin was happy.

"No, I know that-" Jimin let his words linger again. "Honestly, I don't know what the hell is wrong with me. I don't know how I feel and I hate that I put you through all of my shit. You're just trying to take care of me and I know that, but I just want to be treated like I'm normal." The tension was lessening as Jimin had spoken the truth.

"I'm sorry for treating you li-"

"No, don't. Don't apologize.", Jimin interrupted. "You haven't done anything wrong. I'm the one whose been all weird. Just, can we stop talking about it please."

The car was silent for a minute. "Ok.", Yoongi finally replied.

Eventually they made it back to their small apartment. Jimin's wet sneakers made small sounds as he made his way to his room.

He turned on his desk lamp and threw his bag on his bed. As he did every day, he got out his black journal. He picked up the pencil and started writing. He didn't really know how he did it. When his emotions were on high was the best time to write. That's when the words would just flow out of him. Each scratch of the graphite holding so much meaning.

Jimin was a very talented writer. He enjoyed writing. It was the only way he could get his thoughts out of his head.

A soft melody flowed through the small apartment. Jimin lifted his sore neck from the desk. He must have fallen asleep while writing, he guessed. The soft sound still filled his ears. He stood up from the now uncomfortable swivel chair to find the source of the pleasant awakening he had. His feet were cold on the wood floors as he walked out of the bedroom.

As he had guessed, Yoongi was set at the old piano, his long fingers gliding over the keys. He was always amazed at his friends talent. His eyes were closed. His hands knew the place of every key. Jimin was sure this was an original peice. Yoongi was built on music. It was what made him Yoongi.