8

"Hurry up loser! I wanna get out there before the streets are busy!" Jungkook yelled from the other side of Jimin's bedroom door.

"Calm your muscular tits gguk, I can only get dressed so fast!" the older yelled back. Jimin opened the door with his jacket thrown on halfhazardly and his shoes tied messily. The younger greeted him with a big dorky smile.

"Oh, Jimin-ssi, you're here. Ok, let's go," he said unamused and tugged the older's arm.

They made it outside soon enough. The air had a chill to it these days. It was cold and refreshing. The bright sun still shone and warmed you in certain places. It was a feeling you couldn't describe accurately unless you'd felt it before.

Jungkook tilted his head back and let the little rays warm his rosy cheeks. "Ah mr.jimin, it's your story day."

Jimin's eyes widened; he hadn't prepared anything. It also wasn't actually Jimin's story day. Of course, he didnt realize this though.

He felt the soft leather of his journal in his pocket. This was something he had never shared much of with anyone. Maybe today was the day? Yeah.. yeah I think so.

Jimin smiled lightly watching the younger still standing with his eyes closed. "Alright, ggukie, I've got something to show you."

Jungkook seemed to snap out of his trance and scurried over to Jimin. The older pulled out the journal and handed it over to Jungkook. The younger held it gently; carefully. He knew this was a big deal. He couldnt help but smile as he felt that Jimin was comfortable enough to share this with him.

Today was it. The last day of spring break. Hearin dreaded it of course but not as much as other people. The truth was, school gave her a place to be that wasn't home. There was only so long that she could go to her hideout before her dad would question where she was all day. She had to be careful. Everything was a test and she was the subject. This whole 'life' thing seemed a lot like a brutal game.

Her dad would be at work for a couple hours today and probably go out and drink for the rest of the day afterwards.

She lifted her slightly heavy bookbag onto her shoulders and started into the woods. She had some plans for today. She was going to decorate her room. Well, her other room. Of course she couldn't bring everything or else her dad would notice. But she could bring a good amount of stuff to fill her new room with. The air was chilly but the sun warmed her face.

She brought extra sheets and a thick blanket to put onto her bed. She hadn't slept here yet because her dad would know she was gone but she wanted to prepare the house just in case she ever had to stay here.

The walk to the house didn't seem to take long as she filled her head with thoughts and plans and ideas. It was enough to distract her. She opened the door and trudged up the stairs. The sun shone through the windows on the north side of the house which lit up her room perfectly.

She set her bag down in the middle of the room and looked around. First up was the bed. She took the old grey sheet off and replaced it with some clean ones that had been left forgotten in her closet. She fluffed out the thick blanket she brought along that stayed stored under her bed at home and gently set the little stuffed bear on top.

She went back to her bag and pulled out a fairly heavy shoe box. Inside was tons of printed pictures that she'd been collecting for years now. Pictures of Yoongi, pictures of herself, of her shoes, of her room, of pretty trees, of her feet, pictures taken through her eyes of life. These were pictures of things that made her happy. She looked to the opposite wall and started to pin up the pictures one by one. Eventually they made a huge collage of some sort that filled a big section of the wall. She'd have to add to it as she got more pictures.

Her bag lightened again as she brought out several books. These were books that had helped her throughout the years; kept her happy. One of them, a small chapter book, was from Yoongi. He had gotten it for her when she was 8 or so and had started to get good at reading. She remembered taking that book everywhere with her. It was silly looking back on it but it made her happy. The other two were bigger books. Once again, books that had kept her happy. Had made the years easier on her. They were about girls and their own lives but in a way they were self help books to Haerin. She felt like she wasn't alone. She wasn't the only one in this world who was having troubles. It made her feel better. She brushed the covers off and stacked the books politely next to a wall.

All that was left in her bag was a notebook and a cheap pack of colored pencils to write or draw with. It wasn't very significant but it made her feel good.

To finish up the the room, she took the old grey sheet and strung it over her window to make use as curtains.

She knew she should probably be heading home son but there was the constant dread of going home that made her stomach drop. She sat on her bed. She would call Yoongi for a little bit before she left.

Jungkook opened the journal to the front page where he was reunited with the little polite handwriting of Jimin's name at the top. He smiled in remembrance of how much he fretted over whether he should call the number or not.

He flipped the page again and began reading.

i don't want what i have now.
i don't want what could've been.
i want something that never was and never will be.

He was confused as to what exactly it meant but he felt the emotion behind it. He looked to his friend,"This is beautiful Jimin."

"What? It's a pity sentence. How could it possibly be beautiful."

"You managed to pack so much emotion into one phrase and while I don't understand exactly what you were feeling, I can tell that what you felt was real," he replied softly.

Jimin looked to him; just staring for a little bit. He eventually let the smile slip his lips. "Keep on reading."

Yoongi had been out most of the day. He was busy these days. He knew the boys were probably out walking together today before they had to go to back to school tomorrow.

Yoongi had just gotten home to grab a few more boxes and rest for a bit before he'd head back out again, when he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket.

"Hey, Rin."

"Hi"

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I just wanted to talk with you. I'm dreading going back home right now."

"I know, but you have to."

She sighed in annoyance, "Yeah I know."

"Look, if you just called to have an attitude with me, then I'm gonna hang up."

"That's not why I called."

"I know you don't wanna go back ok? I fucking know Rin, because I used to be in your place. I got out, but barely. Right now I have to get some things situated before you can get out too, alright? I know you feel like shit and I know that you might feel useless but it's just how its gotta be for a little while longer."

The line was quiet for a little while.

"I'm sorry." She continued before Yoongi could reply, "I'm sorry that I don't seem greatful for everyhting you're doing for me. I'm sorry that I can't do more to help out because I'm too young. I'm sorry I make this so much harder on you by having an attitude with you. I'm-," she sighed, "I'm sorry that I cause so much trouble. I'm sorry."

"I know."

"I should head home now."

"I love you."

"I love you too."