Chapter 4

After we climbed the tree and he followed me we heard the familiar whistle of Matt. We made our way down the tree and towards camp giggling. "Momma I'm gonna ride back with Kane. Is that ok?" I ask as she turns to me and smiles brightly and nods her head "That's fine, sweetie. You Mr. Kane take care of my baby." she says wrapping me in a hug while looking at Kane "She's my only baby you know. So you Mister." putting a finger on his chest. "better cherish her as much as I do." He smiles a smile that reach his soft blue eyes. "I promise Mrs. Reynolds, I cherish her more than I can even comprehend sometimes. I wouldnt dream of hurting her. I love her so much." I cant help but smile at the man that holds my heart.

After being together almost 4 years I'm surprised he still looks at me the same way he did freshman year. I'm not easy to handle. Not even as a child was I easy I've always been a handful. The way he looks at me with those kind blue eyes takes my breathe away. "What are you thinking about love?" he asks catching me staring at me while he drives. "Just thinking about how you are gonna top last years anniversary." I smirk as I think about last year with him in a chicken suit dancing around the cafeteria singing how he loved me in front of everyone. I smile and let out a giggle as I remember him slipping on a chip wrapper and doing a split. He couldnt walk right for a week. Looking up at him I leaned over and pressed a kiss to his furry cheek. He smiled and looked at me. "I love you baby girl." I rest my head on his broad shoulder.

1 hour later

"Honey I don't know why you don't just pick a college and go. You are plenty smart enough to go to any one you choose." My mom says stirring dinner, we were having a stir fry of some sort and we were talking about colleges while she made dinner. "I just want whats best for you honey, and college is something I didn't get to experience. I would give you the world on a silver platter if I could." she says caressing my face. "God, I love that you got your fathers eyes. I always loved his eyes. I wish he could see how far our beautiful daughter has come." she says as tears fill our eyes. I don't remember my dad, he passed away when I was 4. He was on his way home from the store after work with the chocolate milk I wanted with my dinner when a drunk driver swerved into his lane and hit him, killing my dad instantly.

I look at my mom and reach over taking her hand in mine. "Can we go visit him after school tomorrow? Its been so long since we've been." I say remembering when we went for his birthday four months ago. She nods wiping her tears. "Yeah. I'll pick you up after my appointment." she leans over and kisses my hair and walks over to the stove to finish dinner. "Mom I think I've narrowed it down to three schools." holding up three fingers. "Which ones sweetheart? Follow your heart when it comes down to the final decision." I nod "Dads school, University of North Carolina, The Art Institute of Charlotte, and North Carolina State." she turns towards dinner "Finally a start." she chuckles while stirring dinner. I rest my head on my hand and watch my beautiful mother effortlessly cook with such grace.