Magic Has a Mind of Its Own...

Madison's POV 

I admit, I was terrified. The blast was nearing. But I had to be a good friend. I had to let my friends know I would remember them, and I did. I squeezed my eyes shut. I did not want to see what was going to happen next.

I had expected a wave of darkness to come, but it never did. I opened my eyes into slits. A rainbowish white glow was in front of my eyes. I opened my eyes wider. It seemed we were surrounded by a glowing white light with hints of colors. I couldn't see anything around us very well. 

"Wha-what happened?" Jessica asked. "I thought we would die-"

"But we didn't," Evelyn pointed out. "Or else we wouldn't be talking right now."

Four lights were coming toward us. One was orange, one was blue, one was green, and one was pink. The orange light wrapped around my wrists and ankles and, for the second time in my life, I transformed. 

When I lowered back to the ground, we looked at each other in amazement. How did this happen? Well, sometimes magic has a mind of its own, I guess. 

Never mind that. I faced Ivy, who was murmuring something. She looked up. "What are you looking at, Madison?" she snapped. "I still have your locket, you know, and I can still make the magical world a total wreck."

My heart dropped to the ground. She was right. As long as she had my locket, she could do anything!

"This isn't the end, Madison," Ivy sneered. "I'll be back."