chapter one

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

She couldn't  take it anymore.

Arabella Malfoy sighed heavily as she looked out her window glumly. The young girl had been hiding from my parents, or more of the fact that she wasn't allowed to leave her room. Her parents would only come up to bring me food, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Sometimes even her brother, Draco, comes to visit her. Arabella mostly just read all her Hogwarts books during the summer (which seem to have flown by in the girls opinion) Looking at potion books, spells, charms, history, etc... The girl would keep wondering why she wasn't allowed to go downstairs like the rest of her family was easily allowed to.

She heard a faint knock on my door, setting her potions book down Arabella walked over and opened the door. Her father stood before her on the other side.

"Hello father." Arabella said politely, smiling to him. He didn't smile back, of course why wasn't she surprised? He never smiled. No one ever does anymore, something Arabella had noticed whenever her family came to visit her in her large bedroom. Ever since the Triwizard Tournament with Voldemort's return, Arabella had not been allowed to see her friends. Not like it mattered, seemed as though no one even bothered to write to the girl. In conclusion: the summer had been very, very dull.

"Arabella." He said to her, snapping Arabella out of her thoughts before striding into her white bedroom, she followed him cautiously. It was past dinner time, what was he doing here? "I've been meaning to speak with you." He told her once more. She nodded her head not daring to ask him to continue, he was going to anyway so what was the point?. "You'll be joining someone very soon." He told Arabella, turning around to face her.

"Who will I be meeting with?"

"Lord Voldemort."

Arabella stopped, she stared. Her mouth opened and closed like a fish, obviously at a loss for words. Her throat felt dry and her whole body went cold. Goosebumps covering her exposed arms and legs. Since she was in her pj's.  She was more shocked that her family had associated with him? The man, no not man, thing that tried to kill her. The shock had subsided and the anger soon flared up inside of her, "You associate with him?!" Arabella screeched at him, completely out of character for her quiet almost reserved self. Her father was even surprised that she had the nerve to raise her voice at him. A condescending glare coming across his features.  "Out of all people! You associate with the thing that tried to kill me?" Arabella yelled again, Lucius soon walked closer to his daughter. An almost disgusted look on his face.

"You do not take that tone of voice with me young lady." He sternly said, his voice was harsh and cool. Like he was speaking to a servant more than an actual child. His daughter at that. Arabella would've scoffed, letting her father hear her.

Shaking her head, Arabella continued, "I won't stand for this! I can't believe you. My own family! How could you do th-" The words were soon cut off as the palm of her father's hand came into contact with the side of her face. A cold hard slap sounded throughout the room. The sudden slap across the girls face had taken Arabella by surprise, obviously as the force pushed her to the floor. Arabella's blue/grey eyes stared in disbelief up at her father, her tiny hand holding the red mark that was now forming on her cheek. It was most likely going to leave a mark due to the force of her father's hand. How could he do that? To his own child?