chapter three

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

The rest of the summer came and went for Arabella Malfoy. The young girl barely left the room, only when she was forced to eat. Which either way she barely took a bite of the food. The rest of the household grew worried for the poor girl, as during the next couple of days Arabella Malfoy had grown increasingly pale and very skinny. Arabella didn't understand what was the matter with her, she felt anxious and tired almost all the time, and more importantly she felt alone. Though while she had her three other Gryffindor companions, Arabella had always felt like the odd one out. She didn't know them like they all knew each other, the inside jokes, the stories, the adventures. They had all experienced it without her, everyone in their year had.

A small frown was plastered on the girl's face as she walked a couple feet behind the rest of the group. Dragging her feet as she struggled to keep up. She was lost in her own world. The group that was walking with the kids (which was most of the order, including Sirius in his animal form), would check back occasionally on the girl. Glances of worry on their face as they all thought the same things, would the girl be able to survive another year? It was quite obvious that mentally Harry Potter was a lot more prepared and much stronger than the female. Being used to almost everything that had been thrown at him. Including the hearing that had just happened a couple of days prior before leaving. Arabella didn't know exactly what happened, but in conclusion she figured out that Harry Potter would be returning to school once more. Arabella didn't take much time after seeing the bright red and beautiful train to hop right on it and bidding a small farewell and thank you to the rest of the group, she went to go find a compartment for the rest of them to sit at.

After Ron, Hermione, and Harry had also said goodbye to the group (Harry having a small talk with Sirius in a private location, however Sirius had asked him to look over Arabella for Tonks sake for some odd reason). The Golden Trio also made their way to the compartment, finding Arabella sitting alone staring at the window. The three quietly made their way inside of the compartment, getting themselves situated and closing the door. Harry would've slid into the seat next to Arabella, glancing at her. She didn't look back, instead breathing a sigh through her nose and blinking tiredly. Leaning her head against the wall. The three slowly tore their eyes off of her, the train starting to move as they continued their chatter as Arabella soon drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

As the rest of them continued their chatter, Hermione was staring longfully at Arabella as she slept. A small frown had been plastered on her face.

"I feel bad for her." Hermione blurted out to them. Stopping Ron and Harry from their current thoughts. Both of their attention turned to the sleeping Malfoy.

"Why?" Ron asked his friend, a quizzical expression. Sometimes Hermione wondered if Ron could actually read a room.

"Ron you fool." Hermione snapped, shaking her head as Ron threw a glare her way. She simply brushed it off. "Hadn't you seen her the past couple of days? She hasn't been eating, she's barely left her room, and telling by the bags under her eyes this might be the first time she's peacefully sleeping in awhile."