Chapter II

“Yo chick, you spilled my drink you know?” he said on an arrogant tone.

          “I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to bump into you.” I said over the loud music. He smirked at me. “Huh, I think you did.” Sabi nung lalaki tapos bigla n’ya akong itinulak, buti nalang may mga tao kaya ‘di ako sumubsub sa sahig.

          “Hey, stop it, man! You don’t need to push her.” A guy interjects. He is a tall guy—about 6’5’’, have smoldering grey eyes, aristocratic nose, and dark brown spiky hair that falls slightly over his eyes. To my surprise, the guy is no other than Chace Hummingbird, lead guitarist of Firefly Detention and the older brother of Charlotte Hummingbird.

          Sinuntok nang lalaki si Chace, buti nalang naka ilag si Chace, tapos sinuntok ni Chace yung lalaki at nagsuntukan silang dalawa sa harapan ng madaming tao. The fight drew a commotion on the café. The Sentinels ejected the two guys. “Hey, stop it or we’ll both throw you out!” one of the Sentinels warned.

          The guy who pushed me grumbled something to Chace before walking off, while Chace was comforted by his sister and their band mates.

“Troian, daijobou desu ka? [Are you okay]” Andrew asked. My siblings look at me worriedly.

          “Hai. [Yes]” sabi ko. Grabe, parang na-shell-shocked ako dun ah.

          “I think we better finish our food and then go home.” Andrew said. Firefly Detention resumes performing again as if nothing happened, while we finish our food. I can’t help myself to glance at Chace on stage. He was bobbing his head while doing his murderous guitar riffs. Isa sa gestures na kinababaliwan ng mga girls about him. After the performance, is it me or it’s my imagination that Chace looked at me and smiled. I don’t know why but I suddenly blushed. Ugh, nakaka-asar naman oh. Tuloy nakukosenya ako kase he sort of “saved” me from the guy.

          “Troian, let’s go.” Andrew interrupts. My two siblings are halfway through the door. I glanced at Chace before we went out of the café. My, what’s up with this guy, still staring at me?

          “Troian,” Andrew called out again.

          “Coming,” I said as I walked towards them.

                                                       *****

At school the next morning everyone is staring at me weirdly, parang may ginawa akong ‘di maganda. Some girls even shoot a glare at me. What’s up with this people? I muttered as I went to my classroom.

          “Troian,” Eliza called out, waving her hand at me. Umupo ako sa tabi n’ya sa usual spot ko sa tabi ng bintana.

          “So, you’re the girl Chace saved from a guy last night at Safris Café?” she asked eagerly with a big smile plastered on her face.

          “Huh? Yes, why something’s wrong with that?” I asked, baffled.

          “Troian, don’t you know that a picture of you and Chace on the café last night is spreading across the campus—no, across the Internet?” she said.

          “What?”

          Eliza took her iPhone inside her bag and showed a picture of me and Chace as he confronts the guy who pushed me. Whoa, ang bilis talaga ng balita dito sa school at agad-agad alam na ng mga students yung news. I blushed as I remembered the smile that Chace gave me after their performance last night. Ah, bakit ko ba yun ini-isip?

          “Aw, you are one lucky girl, Troian.” Eliza said and gave me a hug. I fake a smile.

          Am I really that lucky, huh? Iwant to ask Eliza, but I think it’s not a good idea to ask her that question.

          Pumunta ako ng library pagkatapos ng first subject ko. Itong library yung naging usual tambayan ko dito sa campus besides the Music Hub at ang Performing Arts Theatre. I’m not really fond of reading books but I like the library because it’s always quiet (wala naman sigurong library na maingay diba?), I can sneak a nap and listen to my iPod without getting caught by the librarian. And the best part of the library is that it’s one of my favorite spot when I’m writing a song besides my chamber and our music studio at home.

          I was sneaking nap again because honestly, I didn’t get much sleep last night because of Chace. I don’t know why I’m feeling weird about him. He is a foreigner and rumor has it that Chace is a too-cool-to-care kind of guy. Tapos he changes girlfriend daw in just three weeks. It’s really getting on my nerves. My phone buzzed a minute later while I was discussing with myself about Chace. Oh grabe, how many times did I mention Chace’s name this morning? Ugh!

          “Attention, all the band members! We have an emergency meeting at the FNHQ at the Braille’s Household after class this afternoon. Please be present at our meeting, this is important.” The text message came from Andrew-nii.

Huh, we have an emergency band meeting this afternoon? What could the meeting be is about? I thought. Oh, nakalimutan ko bang sabihin sa inyong member ako ng isang pop/rock band called Famous for Nothing? I’m actually the lead guitarist/vocalist (sometimes) and second voice of our band.

          Famous for Nothing isn’t that famous (at all) but at least we have some fans such as our friends, our ever supportive families and the very own fangirls of Andrew. Yeah, despite the fact that we don’t really much have fans like the other bands here at school, we’re still surviving the adversity of the people who wants to put down our band. *Tears started to stream down my cheeks*

          After class, I went out running of the school because I don’t want to get late for our band meeting. Mag-lilitanyahan na naman si Andrew-nii nito kapag na-late ako. To my clumsiness, I suddenly bumped into guy and spilled his drink on his uniform. Why am I always bumping people pag naglalakad ako, especially mga boys?

          “Oh gosh, I’m sorry I didn’t mean to spill your drink!” I hurried to apologize. When I looked up to the guy, my world almost crashed into nothingness.

          Oh, no! Why him!