Faked

Preview

I woke up, still feeling woozy. Another day, (excuse me, another LONG day) to bear with. I found my mom (the one who took me in) in the kitchen, cooking pancakes. I sat down, drizzled some syrup on it, put two small squares of butter on top. It’s picture perfect. One thing you should know about me. I’m a perfectionist. I don’t want to see thing messy, annoying and unclean. Even when we are on my uncle’s house, they became used to me fixing their things to make it look nice and clean. Even though we were quite poor, our house is totally clean. Even my cat,Snow, is picture perfect. Her face is the common face of normal cats. The cute large eyes and small nose.(I think ill of the cats that are preferred by the rich ones. Ones that have eyes like slits and big noses) She has very white fur. As white as snow. And eyes as blue as the deep sea. My mom said that the cat was with me the moment I arrived on the doorstep. I remember, when I was 8 years old, I cried day and night , because snow was about to die, the doctor said. When we came home, I snuggled next to snow, and whispered to him something I can’t quite remember. I fell asleep with snow next to me, and the next thing I know, snow was licking my face. Ever since then, snow never showed signs of aging, never caught any illness. The doctors wondered why Snow didn’t die on that day. I munched on my pancake, while glumly looking at the window. The world was boring. It barely surprises me anymore. People started having cars that hovered over the land, defying gravity. The trees suddenly grew all over the place , the world became a green place once again. But underneath the natural look, everything was still violated my mankind. Turns out, the cause of everything that happened to the world is caused by scientists specially engineering a serum that they poured on bare lands 40 years ago that caused the world to become healthy. According to the news clipping in my paper, the ingredients of the serum will never be revealed to the people because of potentially dangerous and hazardous materials that, if not handled correctly, a drop would cause severe destruction in a 100 mile radius. I touched the paper, and it immediately showed the next page of the news clipping. While I was starting to read an interesting article about the lost princess of England, the battery ran out, and the paper crumpled in my hand. Sigh. The good news of having papers, they were cheap, and you can do anything that a tablet could do. The bad news, they immediately crumple in your hand, if you’re aware, you can still save the data you have in it to refrain from it being destroyed and you have to start from scratch. If you’re not aware, you will have it suddenly crumple anywhere, causing you to get startled to have your saved data’s gone. I threw the paper to the trash bin, making a loud bonk. I finished eating, and got up, showered, dressed up and grabbed my bag. In my school, I’m the only one left still lugging around a big bulky backpack because I can’t afford to buy a tablet where they place our books. By the way, my school is called Royale Academy. The reason? It’s pretty obvious. The sons and daughters of the royals and super rich crash here. For them, school is just a place where they can practice the good manners and right conduct strictly teached to them. And for the case of the super rich? School is just the perfect place to brag and bully. In my case, bullying nonstop is a completely normal way of spending the entire school year.