Chapter 2

My Parents?

I woke up in a…….ugh..VERY pink room.*gag* Where am I? I glance out a window, (which had pink frilly drapes covering it) and saw a vast expanse of water. In fact, in every window of the room, all I can see is water and the sky, filled with Acres, short for air cars. The pink is starting to make me dizzy. I went out of the room, head in hand, stumbling around the wide corridor without looking. I reached a wide door, opening it. Before I could stumble in the room, I bumped to a person, making me trip. Before my head could make contact to the floor, a hand from behind grabbed my wrist and pulled me in an upright position.

“I’m sorry you highness, I didn’t see you…I’m really very sorry…sorry…” the maid mumbled.

I think she said sorry a lot of times before being dismissed by the person behind me.

“Are you okay?” A head peered around me, trying to see my expression. When I lifted my head from my hands, (which really hurt, by the way) I gasped. And I mean, really gasped. Why? The prince I’ve been crushing on before is staring at me. Who wouldn’t gasp? Seeing his face up close……Aaaaaaaaaaah! I’m turning into those lovesick girls! I don’t wanna!

“I-I’m fine, thanks..” I mumbled, looking around the room, taking in my surroundings. Even more, why is prince Ezekiel here anyway?

“wh-where am I?” ugh. The nervous stutter. This person speaking is not me. I don’t stutter.

The prince took a step back, as if surprised.

“You mean, you don’t know? Oh well, *ahem* you’re here in Marina kingdom,”

Explains the sea (artificial sea) surrounding the palace.

“—princess Kristiane.”

Huh?

I looked around,

“Who’s princess Kristiane?”

The prince started looking at me weirdly. Huh?

That’s when my memories returned full force. The virus bomb, the doctor, the weird man, the hospital, the lady squisher*ahem* aka. The Queen.

“oh.”

“Umm. Eli-….Princess Kristiane, I was just about to fetch you for breakfast with the family.”

“Oh.. right… breakfast…with royals… completely normal…”

I followed him to a wide hall, where at the end, a carved door stood. I could stare at the door endlessly. It showed waves, sea life, some sort of goddess creating and manipulating the sea. It was beautiful.

When he opened the door, I regretted not running away when I met the prince. All the people inside were prim and proper. And I became self conscious of myself, catching a reflection of myself in the fountain beside me.

Hair sticking up, my dress rumpled,(wait..I’m wearing a dress?), My face looking flustered, I looked like a complete mess. The queen, sitting, stood up a went to hug me. The king followed behind the queen.

“Oh dear, why do you look like a mess?” the queen asked me.

“I-I’m sorry your highness. I just woke up in a very…distressing room that made my head hurt so much.”

“tsk. Tsk. Didn’t I tell the escorts to bring her in her old room?” the queen said.

One of the guards stepped forward.

“My queen, the escorts informed that they did bring in her old room before. Where her favorite color, pink, is the only thing seen by her eyes as your highness instructed before.”