Redesign of Redraw

So remember that redraw it did of that orange haired girl?

    Well, I didn't really like that design after looking back on it, so I thought it was time for a redraw. I changed colors and details, and have a little backstory as well.

 I changed colors and details, and have a little backstory as well

Let me just tell you how long it took me to do the background.

    I never do decent backgrounds; usually they're just blobs of color. But she was looking a bit plain on her own and I wanted to do a view overlooking the ocean. It certainly isn't perfect, but I think it looks close to what I envisioned.

    I changed the skirt to shorts because I feel it looked out of place. I also changed the boots to simple flats because they didn't looking aesthetically pleasing. I changed the ponytail braid to a French broad and tried to subtly add streaks of pink, as well as her roots showing. It did get a little lost through shading and effects though. There were many other minor accesories like the watch,, headband, and belt.

    Now onto the backstory I made up. When I saw the original design for the first time, she gave .e a designer kind of vibe. I originally wanted to give her a hat, but I felt it was not necessary. I gave her a bag to hold all her things, and I wish I had made it a bit bigger. Oh well.

    This was fun to do, since a lot of experimenting was done for the background. There were so many textures to play with as well as effects and stuff.

What do you guys think?