Chapter 10 - Lies

*MATURE*

***

ARIA'S POV

"Aren't you gonna invite me in?"

"Caleb, what are you doing here? I thought we agreed to keep it professional. And you showing up here is definitely not professional."

"Relax. I come bearing gifts."

He steps past me, not caring about anything I was just saying. I close the door and wait for him to explain himself.

He hands me a tiny box. I open it and a relief passes through me. I have a lump in my throat and I'm holding back the tears. I'm not gonna cry in front of him.

"My necklace," I breathe out.

"I'm sorry I held onto it for so long. It wasn't right," he says and actually looks sorry.

I give him a faint smile and hold out the necklace, "Can you help me with this?"

"Of course," he says and takes the necklace from my hands.

I turn myself around and hold my hair up for him to place the necklace around my neck. I felt him moving closer and closer until his body was right against mine. The heat coming from his body made me lick my lips nervously and I closed my eyes.

He adjusted the necklace right between my breasts. His fingers brushed my skin softly, sending goosebumps all over my body, "You have such a beautiful skin, Aria. So soft and delicate."

I swallowed the ball of nervousness. My lips felt dry and my heart was beating faster and faster. His fingers are making circles on my arm.

I arched my head back until I was leaning on his shoulder. I could feel his hard cock pressed against my back. My body trembled as he pulled my hand away from my hair and replaced it with his. I wanted him to remove the towel I was clutching around me. I was needy for him, yet I was still scared.

"Where were you?"

He didn't ask but demanded to know.

I opened my eyes and held the towel tighter around me. When I turned around, he was watching me intently - actually expecting for me to tell him.

"What?" I said breathlessly.

"You heard me. Where were you?"

He really was the biggest jerk on the planet if he thought he could just waltz in here and start demanding me shit.

"Why is this any of your business?"

"Whose jacket were you wearing? He asks ignoring my question.

"I don't owe you an explanation. Matter of fact, I owe you nothing," I said to him.

"Why can't you just stop fighting me and be honest? You've left me with a major case of blue balls too many times. The least you could do is give me some answers," he said looking desperate and continued, "do you have a boyfriend? Is that why you always run? Is that whose jacket you were wearing?"

The expression on his face made me reveal the truth, "no, I don't have a boyfriend. It's my friend's jacket."

"And this friend... Have you slept with him?"

CALEB'S POV

I was jealous. I didn't want to admit it to myself, but there's no other explanation.

When I came here to give her the necklace back, I saw her walking in a tiny bikini, a jacket that wasn't hers was wrapped around her. I wanted to walk over to her and pull the jacket off of her.