1: Does this guy have a heart?

Aarinola's POV

I woke up to the loud yelling of my mom.

"Aarinola Darasimi Johnson get your ass up right now!"

Okay, when ever she says my full name like that, just so you know it isn't good.

I feared that woman at times, I swear.

Grumbling, I ran my hand through my hair irritatedly. "I'm up mother. Now you can stop yelling." I yelled back so she could hear me.

I got to my feet and went straight to the bathroom for a quick shower.

Once I was done, I got ready for school heading down stairs to meet my mom.

"Good morning Mother." I said sarcastically.

She knew I only called her mother when ever I'm being sarcastic.

"Good morning, Daughter." She returned back the sarcastic remark with a victorious smile.

Yes! It's obvious, mom and I play like sisters. But when she's angry and serious? She becomes all scary.

"Had a wonderful sleep?" She asked, placing down a cup full of tea and a loaf of slice bread on the dinning table.

"Yes." I answered my mouth watering at the sight of the meal in front of me.

"Sweetheart, you need to finish up quickly. I wouldn't want you to be late on your first day." She said seriously and I nodded my head stuffing the bread into my mouth.

My mom was definitely bipolar in nature. One minute she's sweet and sarcastic, the next minute she's all serious.

"Mom, I'm done." I announced with an eye roll.

Was it possible to roll one eye? Maybe.

"Mom, I said I'm done!" I yelled again, since she didn't reply.

"I'm coming Sweety, applying my make up here." She wiggled her brows at me and I cringed.

Was make up really necessary for women? I just don't understand why ladies get all worked up for make up.

The thought of applying make on my face made me gag.

"Honey, I'm done." She announced flipping her hair off her shoulder.

Seriously, this woman acts like a freaking teen sometimes.

Shouldn't I be the one doing all the fashion and shits?

"Mom, you're too old for this, and you're probably the one wasting time here." I said pointing the fact out for her.

She had been dead serious a few minutes ago telling me to hurry up and now she's the one delaying.

Thank you Lord for giving me such a sweet mom.

Note the sarcasm.

"Of course I'm old. I've given birth to you now, why won't you say I'm old?" She retorted sarcastically.

"We should go." I told her, ignoring her previous sarcastic remark.

My mother was going to be the end of me.

*****

We have reached our destination, finally! I mentally sighed.

"Honey, remember to be a good girl and don't cause any trouble." She warned elaborately. "Mind your own business and try to stay on your own, I'm not saying you should not make friends but just mind your own business and try not to poke nose in people's affair."