3:And, here comes Mathematics

Quote: Love is when you play together.

Aarinola's POV

I was woken up by the shrilling sound of my mother's voice. Chirping so loudly, like a ceremony was being carried out in my room.

Ululating inwardly, I turned to the left side of my bed. Mom's face was very close to me, scaring me extensively.

I groaned as my butt made contact with the cold titles.

"Mom. You don't have to do that." I frowned, getting up from the cold tiles. "And by the way, what are you doing with a sack of potatoes?" I asked with arched brows.

It couldn't be! She didn't mean to hit me with that sack of potatoes, did she?

"Well, I was actually about to hit you with this sack of potatoes," She pointed to the sack of potatoes she was holding. "The lord saved you, making you open your eyes. If not so, I would have done that without hesitation."

She can't always threaten me with a sack of potatoes.

What's with her and potatoes anyways?

"Well, I'm up mother. You can go out no--"

"You're late for scho--"

"I know mother, that's why I'm  telling you to go out so I could go take my bath"

"Fine! I will go." She sighed dramatically.

I sighed in relief once she was finally out of sight.

Sprinting to the bathroom, I took a quick shower. Once I was out of the bathroom, I dried off my not-so-long wet hair putting it up into a short ponytail with a rubberband. I dashed to my wardrobe, taking out a white tank top along with a black crazy Jean.

"Aarinola, I'm leaving without you oo." I heard my mom's warning voice say.

"I'm coming." I shouted back, trying to fix my bra along with the white tank top.

Looking at my reflection in the mirror, I mumbled 'perfect' to myself once I was done dressing up.

"Mom, I'm ready." I announced, quickly dashing out of my room to the parlor.

I saw her applying makeup as usual. Putting on the crimson color of red on her lips.

My mother was a beautiful woman. What I didn't understand was why she had to make herself look more beautiful in an artificial kind of way. In my own perceptive, make up hides the true beauty of a person and of course make the person look less beautiful. Well, maybe it's just me.

"Oh dear, how do I look?" Mom asked, batting her eyelashes dramatically.

Well, praise the lord she was done. I didn't need to watch how she does her irritating make-up anymore.

"You look beautiful Mother." I said with m sarcasm lining in my voice.

"Thank you dear," She said still looking at her face with the small mirror she held.

"Are you done mom?" I asked, clearly irritated.

She was talking about being late a few minutes ago, whereas she's the one that always delays.

"Yes. I'm done let's go." She smiled at her reflection one more time before putting the mirror in her bag.

****

Mom dropped me off. Like every other day warning me to stay out of trouble and blah blah. And like the obeying child I was, I nodded promising her that I will cause trouble no more. Partially true sha.