Chapter 3

It was decided that May was sleeping on the top floor with Lisa, Thomas, the Alpha, who she had yet to meet, as well as a few close friends.

It was evident that the Notrth Pack didn't like her, their attitude towards her was hostile and unfriendly. Most regarded her with disdain whilst others pretended she didn't exist. May didn't have the faintest clue as to why but she was glad that the sleep arrangement didn't oblige her to spend time with them. She had no interest in impressing pack members that wouldn't matter to her in a weeks time. May was here for the funeral, that's all. Nothing could make her stay.

"But, mum-"

"But nothing."  Lisa responded, glaring at him sternly.

May was currently sat in the pack kitchen. It had changed since the last time she was here. Whilst the walls used to be a brilliant white with red tiles, they were now an off cream colour. The tiles had gathered dust making them look more of a dark maroon colour. The accessories and furnishings were originally red but they too had gathered dust and changed colour. All in all, the kitchen looked like it hasn't been used for years. May wondered what had happened to the pack since she left. She didn't know why there was another pack residing on the territory.

Tomorrow, she told herself. Tomorrow she would ask. Today she had a different task. She needed to see her mum today.

Logically speaking it would make sense to find out the current situation with the pack today but she hadn't seen her mum for the past three years.

Her heart clenched.

May let out a shaky breath and readjusted her focus to the present moment. Lisa had been trying to convince her son to eat whilst he had been refusing.

Lisa stood across form her, glaring at her new found friend. Her arms were crossed and she was looking at him sternly.

"Mum, I've eaten already." Tomas rolled his eyes.

"Tomas Maverick Ryder, don't you roll your eyes at me, young man!" Her hands flew to her hips, anger evident on her face.

Tomas turned to May, his eyes begged her to intervene. Internally she rolled her eyes yet she turned towards Lisa.

"Aunt Lisa," She tilted her head slightly to the right, faking confusion. "Where is uncle Blake?"

Lisa narrowed her eyes at her, suspicious at her question.

May knew that look, she wasn't convinced.

"And your son?" She questioned, innocently. "Tiger was it?"

The blond smirked.

Tomas snorted.

"What?" May raised an eyebrow.

"His name is Tyrone, dear." Aunt Lisa said with a laugh.

The brown eyed girl couldn't help but smile.

"Mum, where are you?" A deep voice called out.

It was smooth like velvet and a shiver went down Mays' back. Her wolf stirred. She turned around just in time to catch him entering the tiny kitchen. Her breath caught in her throat as she took him in. She scanned him in slowly, starting from his legs to his face, leaving his best feature for last. The stranger was dressed in black, her favourite colour. He was wearing trainers and black jeans adorned his thighs. The shirt he wore was tight on his body, emphasising his muscles and broad chest. May moved her gaze to his face taking in his lips, pink, full and highly kissable. His jaw was covered with a light layer of stubble, giving him a five o clock shadow, making him look more dangerous. His skin was smooth and pale, his cheekbones high. A mop of blond hair sat on his head, combed neatly with a left sided parting.

Her whole world stopped when their eyes met.

Mate, her wolf whispered.

May itched to touch him. She couldn't look away from his eyes. They were the colour of the sea, bright and blue - the prettiest eyes she had seen in her life. It didn't matter that he was scowling, he was beautiful. Her wolf begged her to go to him but she couldn't move.

"May?"

It was only then that she spotted the girl behind him. She looked back at her mate who stood in front of her protectively. A frown made it's was to her face as she took in her scent. Sweet like cinnamon and honey. It was familiar but her racing mind didn't allow her to ponder. He was drenched in it. She frowned. Her attention went to his left hand, black bracelets sat on his wrist and a silver ring on his middle finger. One was resting against his side and the other disappeared behind his back. She knew he was holding the girls hand.

Rage filled her body, her mate was with another girl.

Her wolf let out a whimper.

Lisa introduced the two. "Tyrone, this is May. M-"

Her mate, Tyrone, let out a snarl. "I know exactly who she is."

May raised an eyebrow at his unexpected anger and hostility. If anything she should be angry at him.

"Really? And who exactly am I?" She demanded.

A hand was placed on her arm, tugging her back gently.

Tomas.

She turned her head towards him, smiling through her fury, telling him without talking that she was okay.

But Tyrone didn't seem to appreciate it at all. He let out a growl, snapping everyone's attention back to him. His eyes were filled with anger and a deep scowl was set on his face.

"You're the daughter of a whore and a dick!"

Smack!

The sound of a resounding smack echoed around the room. May had hit him across the face. His cheek bared an imprint of her palm.

The whole room turned silent. Everyone stared at her in shock.

"Don't talk about my parents like that!" May hissed.

Tyrone took a threatening step towards her.

Quick as a flash, Lisa intervened, placing herself between the two.

She glared at her son. "How dare you talk to her like that?! Apologise this instant!"

But he didn't.

May watched as his mouth opened and closed, no sound escaped.

She scoffed. "I don't need a pointless apology from the likes of you, save yourself the trouble."

May turned to Lisa, "May I be excused?"

Lisa managed a nod, surprised at her sudden behaviour.

With a grateful smile, May brushed past. Stay calm, she urged hearslef.

Her wolf whimpered.

Screw calm. She was at the door where she turned back to glare at him. May ignored everyone, Tyrone captured her full attention.

"The only dick and whore around here is you, Todd." She sneered.

With her head held high, she exited the pack house, making sure to slam the door shut behind her.