Chapter 1

Three years later...

Her fingers are shaking. She swallows. No. This can't be happening. She blinks, once, twice. Its still there.

Slowly, she bends down and picks up the letter she dropped, and re-reads it.

"To May Abney

Unfortunately, we are writing this letter to inform you of the death of Abel Miller. We send to you our greatest apologies and want to express the deepest sorrow.

The funeral will be held on the 28th of March, a week from today.

You are free to leave, please take as much time as you need.

Our sincerest condolences,

The Blood Moon Pack."

As the letter falls to the floor for the second time, she begins to crumble. Abel Miller - a tear trickles down her face. Her dad. He can't be dead. He can't be.

She didn't even get to say goodbye.

A hand touches her shoulder. A boy is standing in front of her. He bends at his knees so they're the same height.

"May," He starts, his eyes full of sympathy.

She lets out a sob and runs to the bathroom, slamming the door shut. She leans against the door unable to support herself, her legs give in and she finds herself on the floor. A broken wail escapes her.

She cries silently now, unable to stop herself. All self control is gone.

Amidst of losing herself, fully breaking down and giving into her emotions, she realises what she has to do - she has to go back.

She needs to go home.