Chapter 2

In.

Out.

In.

Out.

May focused on her breathing. She ignored the pack house in front of her, all the noise that emitted from within, and the different scents that now filled it.

It didn't matter how ridiculous she looked to the outside world, she needed a moment and she was seizing this one.

In.

Out.

In.

Out.

"Hey, are you okay?" Someone asked her, hesitantly.

In.

Out.

"Can I help you?" The voice sounded closer this time.

May ignored him, choosing to focus on her breathing.

In.

Out.

"Ma'am, I'm going to have to ask you to leave." He said, sternly.

In.

He grabbed her arm.

She let out a snarl, eyes turning gold. A boy about the age of 15 stood in front of her, blue eyes unafraid, no emotions peaking through his poker face.

Immediately he clenched his hands into fists and raised them up in a classic 'let's fight' move.

She let out a sneer, "You're doing it wrong."

"No I'm not," He responded stubbornly, raising his fists higher.

As if that helped.

May narrowed her eyes, analysing her opponent. A teenager whose arms and legs looked like twigs, so thin she could see his bones. He was dressed in a pair of shorts and an oversized t shirt. A checked shirt was tied around his waist and a pair of sneakers on his feet. A cap rested on his head backwards.

Yes, he was demanding a fight and he was clearly stubborn but he was 15, skinny and clearly didn't know how to fight. She couldn't fight him, she knew that.

Whilst she was scrutinizing him, the boy had decided to do the same. He even let out a sneer when he was done.

May smirked.

Fury clouded his face, "Fight me. I demand you."

She shook her head, wanting to cross her arms but instead she let them dangle on her side. It would be easier to defend herself just in case he did attack.

"What is it because I'm skinny? Is that it?!" He shouted, his voice and body shaking with anger.

Clearly this wasn't entirely new to him.

May opened her mouth to respond but, just like she predicted, he punched her face. Well, tried to. She managed to grip his wrist before it came anywhere near her.

"Don't do this," she warned, not letting go of his wrist.

He tried to free it but when he couldn't, he let out a snarl and went to punch her in the stomach with his free fist.

Again she caught wrapped her hands around his wrist before it came into contact with her.

She didn't release her grip on him.

"Now what?" Her eyes challenging, curious to see what he would do next.

He went slack, shoulders sinking and a sigh escaping from his lips.