The Lady and the Brute.

Listen to the music above for a heightened experience.

@brittanysky as Athena Hayes

Being the daughter of a high-profile narcotics lawyer is exactly what you think it is

Being the daughter of a high-profile narcotics lawyer is exactly what you think it is. Hailed as the Johnnie Cochran of the new millennium, my father, criminal defense attorney Lee Robert Hayes, has represented some of the most influential drug cartels from all over the world and has been compensated handsomely for each and every winning case. Our family certainly has the extravagant clothes, the cars, the money, and everything it could buy to prove it. A lifestyle of pure hedonism and the enjoyment of all its excesses. Unfortunately, it also brought about my father being a target when things went wrong for certain clients. He has been accosted at his office, the courts, and more terrifyingly our home. For most professions, an unhappy client meant you could lose their patronage, but in this one, it meant you could lose your actual life.
However, from ballet classes to debutante balls, I had always been kept out of the fray. But now that I had graduated from the prestigious Harvard school of law per my fathers gentle (not so much) prodding, and I was back home and settling into the idea of working at his firm.

Trevante "Shooter" Rhodes' POV

Being a notorious narcotraficante is far from what you think it is

Being a notorious narcotraficante is far from what you think it is. The fast cars, expensive jewels, women falling at your feet, and the power to do and undo any and everything are just a tiny part of what my life consists of. Right now, I was dealing with a nameless, faceless competitor threatening to wipe out my entire syndicate, death threats being sent to my mother's home, and a defense attorney who has been embezzling money from me. I need a drink.
Stealing from me was the worst thing a man could do to himself. Any amount of money they take I can make back within hours, a few days at worst. But afterwards, any goodwill I had towards them will be gone with the wind and we become enemies. And one thing about me, I've always been a formidable foe for all my enemies. I can't do anything about the threats for now, but I'm surely going to pay Mr. Lee "Sticky Fingers" Hayes a visit. Shakespeare once wrote, "The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief." And I needed to smile.
They don't call me Shooter for no reason.