Chapter 19

Leiloni's POV

Leiloni's POV

"How many monsters are there?"

Troy started counting pointing his fingers on every monster surrounding us. "Thirty-four," he said looking at us.

"Have you included those monsters?" Lauren said pointing to the monsters surrounding the flag pole where Aaron had climbed.

"Nope."

"Then that makes it forty-five," I said and turned my gaze to Aaron who's still holding tight on the top of the pole because when the moment he goes down, those monsters below him will surely eat him alive.

"Can we kill all of them?" Lauren asked.

"I have ten bullets left and I think you still have fifteen so we need to make sure that we'll hit them on the head," Troy said as I turned my attention to him.

Lauren took a glance at the monster below us and gripped on the pistol that she's holding. "Let's do this then."

Lauren and Troy immediately positioned on both ends of the bus; Lauren squats on the right while Troy was on the left. They wasted no time and started shooting the monsters as pulps of blood were splashing on the air. The loud gunshots resonated across the main building that made me cover my ears.

"Are there still monsters coming?" Lauren asked yelling while focusing on her target.

"No, I don't see any monsters heading this way," I said wandering my eyes around us.

Troy stopped shooting and turned his attention to Lauren. "I have only five bullets left and I only killed four monsters."

"I killed ten," Lauren stopped shooting and turned her attention to Troy, "I have five bullets left too."

"Wow, nice aim," I said looking at Lauren with amusement and she just flashed me her smug look. She really must've trained a lot at shooting. Both of them started shooting the monsters again while counting down every bullet they shoot.

"Three."

I looked at Aaron, who's still on the top of the pole, and he's slowly sliding down but he's trying his best to hold on tight.

"Two."

I gripped tightly on the crowbar that I was holding and turned my gaze to Troy.

"One."

Both of them pulled the trigger of their guns and a loud gunshot once again resonated across the main building. Troy and Lauren stood up and put their guns inside their backpacks; Lauren took a metal wrench while Troy took his baseball bat.

I looked at both of them and took a deep sigh. "Let's do this."

The three of us immediately jumped from the bus holding tightly on our weapons and landed on the ground. Monsters rushed towards us with their hands stretched trying to reach for us as my heart started to race. Before one monster could even reach me I immediately swung the crowbar that I was holding making it drop hard on the ground.