December

This is my final chapter of 12 Months! Thank you all for reading, commenting, voting, fanning, and all that good stuff haha :D

---

December

I just got back from Florida. Boy it's hot there! I really do miss warm weather. I almost didn't want to come back to Delaware afterwards.

Nick's birthday is today and I'm really excited! I want to see his reaction when he opens up his present from me. I know he's gonna love it!

I've already unpacked all my stuff. I get the blue and white wrapped present at the bottom of my suitcase and take it out. I look under my bed and see the smaller red and gold wrapped present mixed with various presents to friends and family, where I left them last. I decide against giving him his Christmas present early and get up. I run out of the house, making crunching noise along the way, and knock on next door. It snowed a little when we left. The present is securely hidden behind me, just as the door swings open, revealing my handsome boyfriend. Nick smiles widely at me.

In a moment, his hands are around my waist and mine are draped around his shoulders. I'm careful to keep the present from hitting him. Nick bends down and captures my lips with his in a short kiss. After he holds me at arms length.

“Your back,” he mutters. “And you look fantastic.” I got quite a tan in Florida and I'm also wearing the new red jacket my aunt gave me. I giggle and push him away. He pouts and I pull the present out in front of him.

“Happy birthday,” I say. He takes it and gives me another kiss. I pull away sooner than he would've. I'm practically jumping where I stand. “Open it.”

Nick slowly takes off the white ribbon and then the lid. I see his eyes widen and I cross my fingers behind my back. He takes out the clean new white and rainbow colored soccer ball. I stare at the ground, starting to second-doubt myself.

“I know you have a lot of them, but I was in Florida and I saw it in the store, and I thought you might like it. Sorry that it's such a bad gift. I promise I'll make it up to you,” I say with a blush of embarrassment. I keep rambling on and on. I feel his finger on my chin, lift my head up to meet his lips. Nick pulls away slightly.

“Just shut up,” he jokes. “I love it. You're the best girlfriend ever.” I throw my arms around him and kiss him again. I sigh. I'm glad I got that over with.

After he leads me into his house. We hang out in the living room for a while just watching TV. Well, not really watching. We're mostly making out on the couch. That is, until his family comes back home from shopping. The little kids take over the TV and one of his older cousins starts to hit on me. Nick eventually takes me to his room.

“Sorry about that,” he admits. I shrug it off.

“At least we're alone now,” I say. Nick smirks and I'm immediately pinned to the wall. Right before our lips touch, we hear a call from downstairs.

“Hey Nick! Where's that hot girl you brought over!” Nick's cousin calls. I see both his hands clench into fists.

“Okay, that's it,” he growls before pouncing out the door and down the stairs. I go to make sure he doesn't do anything he regrets.

Two Weeks Later

Tomorrow's Christmas. I climb down the stairs and see Nick and Dad sitting in the living room. They sit across from each other. Nick looks scared while Dad looks ready to kill. It's funny with the fireplace crackling behind Dad in his recliner.

“Hey Nick,” I say. They both look up at me. Nick's mouth drops. I wear a red tank top with a white cardigan that goes to my wrist, black jeans, and white knee high boots. I have my red jacket thrown over my arm. I put on minimal amount of makeup and leave my hair as it is down. I cough loudly and he closes his mouth. Nick gets up and helps me get on my jacket.