Ja'Far

Should have dragged Kieran home, Ja'far thought as they walked into the tennis courts. He felt something else destroy the remainders of his barriers, he dragged Kieran behind him. Now he wished he didn't.

  Standing were their tennis courts used to be was, was a dark grey tower, taller then the school by five floors. Greek styled pillars ran up the sides, whiter then bone.

  The third world had never had a dungeon in it, nor did the first world. Solomon's dungeon's were unique to the second world, at least Ja'far had hoped that they were. This one he didn't remember, since he had met the idiot in his second one.

  That mean one thing and one thing only, this was Tāwhirimātea's dungeon. The Djin of Wrath and Desire. He knew one of his students, one Tracy Black, wasn't going to like this at all. She was a tennis player.

  Without a word, Kieran pulled his arm and walked up the fifty million stairs. Ja'far didn't have time to get a word in, since Kieran looked like a child in a candy shop. They were going to go in, nothing Ja'far could say would change that.

  It was in this man's very soul.

  "There's no door," Kieran pointed out, his hand flat against the grey stone.

  Of course there wasn't a door, Ja'far thought. None of them had doors, something he had seen it six times and Ahalya had seen it five times. Even through she had admitted that one of them had pulled her and the others from the river like a fisher man's hook.

  "Is this normal?" Kieran asked tipping him on the nose with his pointer finger.

  "Very," Ja'far answered without thinking. A bright gold band appeared in front of them, white lines making up a star, much like the ones Wiccans used to symbolize the five elements. Closing his eyes, he tried to clock out the white light.

  "Planet," Kieran yelled and Ja'far opened his eyes. He knew this world, the first world. Alaeddin's home. Along with King Solomon, Tāwhirimātea's and his follow Djin.

  Grunting Ja'far grabbed Kieran's arm as the planet grew larger, since Djin liked spilt people up, both of them landing on white coloured sand. A beach that looked untouched by time, and not a single plastic bottle to be seen for miles.

  "We're in a dungeon," Ja'far told him, there wasn't a point of hiding that detail. He had told him enough tales about King Sinbad and Queen Ahalya that he would put the dots together himself; at some point.

  "Like King Sinbad," Kieran said a grin growing on his face, pushing himself up. A small dot flying over his head. "And Queen Ahalya."

  "This is the first dungeon; Tāwhirimātea," Ja'far told him.

  "The New Zealand thunder god. A Maori god," Kieran replied a grin on his face. "Swore revenge on his siblings, along with their children. For separating their parents; the earth and the sky."

  "Something like that," he told him. Knowing Tāwhirimātea; he could see him doing something like that. Loyal, even to those who hurt him.

  Then again, Ja'far knew a lot about the second world. Alaeddin and Ahalya knew about the first world, while Kieran was the one who knew the myths and legends of this world. His people didn't care for much outside their boarders. Their main concern was learning old spells, ones that were lost to time. His clan didn't want knowledge to be lost only because someone hadn't bothered to write it down.

  Ja'far was worried, even as he followed Kieran up the bath to large stone cravings of dragons. Rukh and magoi were getting stronger, some of his students aura's glowed silver. Like Abigail and Josephine; he had almost fall out of his seat when he looked at them. Not only them, but Miss Cecily D'Aargon as well.

  This could only mean one thing, along with the dungeon they were in; Magi. It mean a Magi was back, Ja'far hoped that it was Alaeddin. Not Cleopatra as sweetly naive as she could be, or one of the others.

  "You need to research Maori culture more. Along with New Zealand," Kieran told him. "The Hobbit and Lord of the Ring movies are excellent studies. Along with the Percy Jackson movies, through as how not to portray Hades type of thing."

  "Hades?"

  "Field of punishment doesn't sound fun. Nor does Tartarus."

  "Why are you bringing up the Greek underworld?"

  "Because the Egyptian one is scarier. At least Hades doesn't allow souls to be eaten like Anubis does."

  "I'll add Australia to your list," Ja'far told him.

  "Don't think Australia had any deity's," Kieran shot back, grinning as he did so. Wise ass. "At least not any that would share names with King Solomon's lot."

  "Anywhere else?" he asked. He knew he would regret it before the day was out. Kieran could talk for hours about his research, half the time he wasn't sure if his friend wanted to write a book or he just enjoy having background knowledge.

  "Native Americans," Kieran told him. "They, along with the natives of Australia, worshipped the earth. Animals, like the rainbow snake, wolf or bear. I could be wrong."

  "There are most likely others," Ja'far agreed. "Lost to time and memory."

  "We can't find everything."

  "They can try."

  "Always the pessimist, never the optimist."

  "I'm either right or pleasantly surprised." There were four paths in front of them, three would lead to horrid deaths, while the fourth would led to the treasure room. He knew Kieran couldn't read the writing, so he picked a random path to follow.

  The one that sounded like dragons were bathing in the sun along it, quickly following he had a feeling of dread in his stomach. He was going to have a hard time keeping Kieran from getting himself, or both of then, killed by baby dragon fire.