Abigail

Abigail didn't know if she liked Josephine's family or not, judging from her scent alone she could tell she didn't spent a lot of time with others. Their were faint scents of others, not fully developed; so Abigail would guess that they were under the age of twenty-one.

  She knew that scents would fade over time, why no one in her family knew. They were theories, but Uncle Kieran would tell her that there was always a theory for everything.

  It saddened her that she wouldn't know what Josephine's mum's scent. Abigail would guess that she would have a sweet scent, like her daughter.

  A MacLea's scent was always confusing to those who didn't know them. Since she barely got a minute to herself, her family's scent always surrounded her. She never smelled lonely, her scent proved to others that she was loved. Josephine smelled like she spent way too much time by herself, even Aladdin had a few scents attached to his skin.

  Pausing as she followed Josephine back to her room, honey on her fingers. She couldn't even recall if she had made any friends, made any connections.

  "Who gets to put classes on a Saturday," Josephine muttered as she picked up her large tote bag. It looked hand made, black with silver butterflies hovering near the top. "Not only that, but I think I have a class Sunday as well. There goes my weekend."

  She was still pale, but Aladdin was sure that it would take her a day to get her colour back. At least she wasn't pale enough to see the blue and red of her veins.

  So she counts it as a win. Aladdin does as well, since he looks like someone handed him the sun. It be cute, if Abigail didn't have a feeling that his smiles were usually brighter, that there was a hint of guilt in his blue eyes.

  "Uncle Kieran and Uncle Ja'far," Abigail told her. "Cheerleaders come in on Sundays."

  "Cheerleaders?" Josephine asked.

  "Sword dancing. Better then pom-poms."

  "Makes sense. Aladdin you have to wear shoes."

  Abigail moved to sit on Josephine's desk, watching as Aladdin tried to avoid having his feet stuffed into an old paid of sandals. She could sympathize with him, she didn't like having to wear shoes either, but it was better then getting a large shard of glass in your heel. Along with anything that might have been on it, like someone else's blood.

  Looking at the blade on Josephine's night stand, Abigail knew that it had to stay with Josephine at all times. More so if Aladdin's would-be kidnappers tried for a round two.

  She needs to keep it on her, Abigail thought to herself. Josephine would need to keep it out view, least someone from law enforcement or else she'd be put into a cell faster then anyone could say 'it's fake'.

  "Your not taking Asha?" Aladdin asked staring at his feet, before looking at them. He was sitting on Josephine's bed, hands folded in his lap. "You always took Asha with you. You're partners."

  "Aladdin it's against the law to carry around knifes," Josephine told him. Her voice was soft, but Abigail knew she wasn't taking the change into her family's world smoothly. A world of magic, and danger.

  "Why? What do you do if bandits attack?"

  "Call the police. And hope that they don't have a gun, some people learn self-defence."

  "My uncle teaches people to defend themselves," Abigail told him.

  "What's a gun?"