ONE

The lights flickered throughout the house. Jasmine and Claudia clung to each other on the sofa, frightened. Of course it had to storm now as they were getting ready to watch a scary movie. Thunder roared loudly, then a flash of lightening and a scream escaped Claudia's fragile throat. Jasmine dropped the remote and Claudia dropped the bowl of popcorn, which scattered everywhere. Then the lights suddenly went out. Both girls stood frozen in Jasmine's living room. "What the hell!" A shadow crept alongside of the house outside. The girls were frightened. They both went to the front door to make sure it was locked, and it was. As they proceeded toward the back door through the kitchen, glass shattered and both girls screamed then ran upstairs. As they reached the top step, a dark hooded figure with a knife came running towards them. The hooded figure tripped on the fifth step. "CUT!" A man yelled. Lights came on and everyone stopped. "Leona, wardrobe check." He stood up and made his way over to the girls. "Jack, check wardrobe. Girls, good job, but maybe look more frightened." . "Got it Mark." The dark blonde said. Izabelle Martin, rising actress, playing the lead role as Jasmine Davis in Massacre on Cherry Street. Her friend Bianca Lane playing her on screen friend Claudia Boone. Both have been friends since their freshmen year in high school, even though as being in show business, school was something that had been done at home with tutors. Both girls now twenty-four have been inseparable. They share a house in Hollywood Hills. It's a home that they both fell in love with, despite the size and it only being two of them. It's a four-bedroom house with a large kitchen and even larger living room area and four bathrooms. The top of the stairs is wide open, so you can see the whole downstairs area. Floor to ceiling widows all around. The area is secluded, but close enough to where they have to get to. The best part of the house is the large in ground pool with a sauna room. "Ok, people. Quiet on the set." Mark shouted. Mark Wilson, director and writer turned down the lights, "Action!" As the girls reached for the top of the stairs, a dark hooded figure with a knife came running towards them. The girls ran into a bedroom and locked the door.                                       "What do we do now ?" Claudia whispered.   "We need to get help." Jasmine picked up the phone, but no surprise it was dead. She opened the window, it was a good twenty feet drop. The man banged loudly into the door. Both girls screamed. Claudia went to the window. "We'll never make it. It's too far." Jasmine stuck her head out of the window. The rain started to come down. On the side of the house was a trellis. "Look," she pointed. "We can climb down there." Just then, the knife came through the door. The hooded figure was stabbing at the door breaking through. Jasmine climbed out the window and held onto the side. Carefully placed her foot on the trellis and moved her body toward it. She clung on and looked up.                             "Claudia, come on." Jasmine started to make her way down slowly. Claudia got on leg out of the window and Jasmine looked up. "Claudia!" She screamed.
The hooded figure was behind her and plunged the knife into her back. Blood shot out of Claudia's mouth and he pushed her body out of the window. With a loud sicken thud, Claudia's body hit the ground below. Jasmine moved further down the trellis when the hooded figure banged on the wood, shaking the trellis. He banged so hard that the trellis came undone from the wall and Jasmine fell the rest of the way down. Her body landed next to Claudia's. Jasmine cried out in fear and for her dead friend. Her left ankle was twisted, but she managed to get up. She limped in the rain down the street, yelling for help. But no one came to help. None of the neighbor's lights were on. This was odd to Jasmine. It was dark outside. Why didn't anyone have lights on? The hooded figure made his way down the stairs and toward the front door. He looked at Claudia's body and smiled. He was pleased with his work. Jasmine quietly made her way to the back of a house and ducked down to hide. What was going on? The thought to herself. She jiggled the handle on the back door and it opened. She crawled inside and locked the door.                        "Hello?" she whispered. Staying on the hands and knees, she crawled through the kitchen. It was dark, except for the flashes of lightening that briefly illuminated the house. As she crawled, her hands hit some kind of sticky liquid. She raised her hand and examined it, it was dark and smelled awful. Lightening flashed, and she saw red. Blood everywhere, along with the mutilated bodies of her neighbors. Jasmine wanted to scream, but she knew if she did, she was as good as dead like them. She grabbed a knife from the knife block and got up. Just then, the hooded figure was at the door. He broke through the glass window and lunged for Jasmine who turned around and drove the knife into the hooded figure. His knife slashed at her arm cutting her. She took the knife out of his abdomen and stabbed him again, repeatedly until his body slumped down. Once he was down Jasmine lifted the hood off his face. Her eyes grew wide in shock. "Kevin?"
Kevin laid there, bleeding profusely from his abdomen. Kevin laughed and gurgled blood. "Why?"                "They're all dead. Everyone!" His arms dropped to the side as he laid there taking his last breath. Jasmine, the lone survivor of the horrible tragedy on Cherry street, stood up and limped out of the house into the rain, as it washed away the blood from her body. She kept walking as the camera panned out into a blur. "CUT! That's a wrap!" Everyone cheered. "Great job guys." After showering and changing into clean clothes, Izabelle, Bianca and Jack Morgan left the studio.                                                     "Dinner?" Izabelle asked. Jack, a friend and fellow actor stopped. "Uh, yeah, sounds good."
Izabelle popped the trunk of her white Mercedes-Benz AMG. "Put your stuff in here. We'll get your car later." All three put their bags in the trunk and piled into her clean car. It smelled new, even though it's a year old. The tan leather seats were so clean, and the carpet was clean enough to eat from.      "Nice car." Jack said. Izabelle smiled a thank you. "So, where to?" Bianca asked. "Nightingale Plaza?" Jack and Bianca looked at each other and agreed in unison. "Okay."