TWO: BLOSSOMED

TWO: BLOSSOMED

Yesterday felt like a dream. To hangout with Sean like that? It almost felt as if it never happened. Things had gone back to normal so drastically I always had to confirm whether yesterday was actually real.

I sat in my seat in class, watching my other classmates. There Sean was with his group, talking and joking around whilst he held a book in his hands. Looking at it again, I came to realize it was a History textbook.

Today, he was as unapproachable as per usual. I didn't have the courage to actually say hi first so when I had entered class earlier in the morning, I pretended I was searching for something in my pocket. Yeah, that was my big excuse to not say hi to him.

Or maybe yesterday really didn't happened and it was all really a dream. We were back to our own worlds and our own bubbles. Nothing seemed to changed after yesterday. Maybe I was wrong. First day magic? That was all some stupid thing my brain decided to make up because of all the novels I had read, only to realize it was reality I resided in and not some novel.

Not wanting to dwindle in stupid, trivial thoughts, I pulled out a random textbook from my bag and started revising it. Eve was late as usual. I would even be surprised if she came early.

Time flew by quickly and before I knew it, our class teacher entered our classroom. I left my book on my desk and stared at the empty seat next to me. Yesterday, Kaitlyn sat there but I wondered why she wasn't here today.

"Good morning class," Mrs. Murphy greeted.

"Good morning," we chorused.

She set her heavy textbooks down on the teacher's table and smiled. "Now," she breathed, "alright. Two students transferred out of this class and the entire school itself, as you can see by the empty tables. So, in this case, we'll have to rearrange our seating arrangement."

The class reacted with a groan as they silently started to pack their things. Our class had pairs of tables and chairs in three rows. So it was arranged two tables and chairs together in a row with at least four pairs of it. Then a gap. And then the same thing for the next row. Then another gap and finally, the same for the last row.

I had to admit, it was a complete mess at first but we managed to finalize the seating arrangement

I had to admit, it was a complete mess at first but we managed to finalize the seating arrangement. I was somehow stuck at the very back of the class in the first row, which meant I was next to a wall. If it were the third row then I would have the advantage of the scenic view as that row was right next to a rectangular window. Next to me sat Eve, so I was grateful that I at least had someone familiar. However, Eve decided she wanted to lean against the wall so she and I switched seats once again.

Glancing over to my left, I noticed who sat there. It was none other than Sean and his friend, Timothy. Before we'd ended up making awkward eye contact, I looked away and tried to take a look around the classroom to memorize who sat next to who.