1: The Beginning

Readers,

I'm so excited about this story too, I think you'll like it after the book picks up, but maybe that's just me. I really tried to work on the flow and interaction between characters, paying more attention to detail blah, blah, blah...because if you don't know, you will now, I hate writing the details. I wouldn't bother with them if they didn't add a specific relationship between the reader and the character, and they weren't so gosh darned important!

Tell me what you think! I care to hear it, for the most part I actually listen, but not always ;) (Kidding, I totally respect you all for your unqiue views, outlooks and quirks. They are endearing, along with feedback, that is also endearing :) SO feed me some feedback!! 

Love always and forever,

Sophia<3

____________________________________________________

                My feet are throbbing from the intense tight feeling of the stilettoes I am wearing, and I wiggle my butt while balancing on the uncomfortable plastic chair. The tears had long ago stopped flowing, and the feeling of abandonment is as dull as an overused pencil, the only visible proof of my tears are the clumpy chunks of mascara littering my cheeks. I’m sure my long glittering gown would look great everywhere else but in an isolated room without any other living things, and only a fern for company. Even that, I guessed wasn’t alive, I was pretty sure I was being jipped and it was plastic.  

                My name is Emilie Mabel Blue, and I have just been arrested.

                Before you go judging me like some kind of delinquent, let me get one thing straight. When have you ever met a delinquent named Emilie Mabel Blue? And secondly, as many people know, I used to be the most socially awkward and easily blushing girl in my entire class. So how did I get stuck in this situation with the reeking scent of booze sticking to my skin, and the long scrapes on my knees?

                I think it’s better to start at the beginning…the beginning beginning, way before the party that happened tonight, more like five months and two weeks ago.

                The day I had my accident, and died.

                Okay, obviously I didn’t die…but it was a near death experience I still can’t forget.

*

                “Look at that sunshine, I’m so sad I wasted my day in school,” Elizabeth groaned, her waist-length blonde curls swishing behind her as she moaned and complained about school for the millionth time today. Even through her whining, I had to agree, it was another beautiful west coast, sunshine doesn’t stop day. The sky is a bright blue, and there isn’t a cloud in sight to shade the sun from view as it glared down onto us while we walked along the boardwalk.

                “It’s been two months already Elizabeth, when are you going to get over it?” Cassidy teases, bumping into her playfully. I watch my two pretty friends argue over nonsense, and droning their voices out only with the sound of my new sandals clicking absently against the faded wood of the boardwalk. Salty sea air met my nose, trying to invite me into the sea, I like to swim but I am not a strong swimmer so I kindly declined by gripping my bag tighter to my chest.

                Sand wore down into the cracks of the worn wood, and seashell pieces scattered throughout the surrounding sand like glitter would my little cousin Clementine’s bedroom floor. “You’re being awfully quiet Emmy,” Elizabeth winks, and looks at a cute guy standing just a few feet away on the boardwalk. I pay him no mind, because I hadn’t even noticed him in the first place, she is way off.